Do I need to back out of apps?

anon(516601)

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
Do I need to back out of apps using the back button with Mango, or can I just hit the Windows button to go straight home? Does it just freeze the apps like in ios, or do they run in the backround like Android and Blackberry?

andyl66

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site
Wp7 uses the same method as ios, fast app switching. Not multitasking. Some functions will run in the background such as music player. This gives big savings on battery life and is a superior method to androids multitasking (which is a pain).

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

thed

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
It freezes the apps iOS-style. No need to back out. The only thing apps can do in the background is run a process every 30 minutes that lasts 25 seconds max, so that shouldn't eat up your CPU or battery.

Sent from my HTC Trophy using Board Express

anon(516601)

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
Excellent, I was hoping that that was the case. While I like lots of things about Android and Blackberry it bugs the **** out of me having to back out of apps constantly. I much prefer to just use an app, tap home and then lock the screen - it's so much faster and easier.

Verkunder

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I thought I read navigation continues to run if it's "frozen," can anyone confirm? Music will continue to stream, so be concious of that.

Otherwise no need.

Dave Blake

Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus
Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
The only apps that ever run in the background are the app that you give permission to you can review and change setting for these apps in Settings/Applications/Background tasks. No other apps will run in the background so there is no need to back out of apps. Navigation apps do not run in the background.

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
Some apps will run directly behind the lockscreen (but usually only if you give them permission). If you uses your: press Home/Start and then lock your screen combination though, everything will be tombstoned. Unless of course, you enabled a Background Task for a music app to run while tombstoned or something like that.

I have an old WM habit of backing out of everything often during the day, although I realize it is (probably) not necessary. Either way works.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express Pro

Mr Bigs

May 1, 2012
Visit site
Wp7 uses the same method as ios, fast app switching. Not multitasking. Some functions will run in the background such as music player. This gives big savings on battery life and is a superior method to androids multitasking (which is a pain).

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2
Multitasking is what it is,their is nothing superior about app switching.

Nataku4ca

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
just a note, if you have camera open, you will want to back out of those just incase it decides to keep running behind the lock screen, that would drain your battery

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes