Just got a new Windows phone, looking for some help

unity04

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
I have a few questions that I'm hoping can be answered. I just got a Lumia 710, and I noticed that if I go to the 'Me' tile and swipe over to notifications, it'll display new notifications that I've received. While this is good, is there a way to have it notify me when I receive a new notification? I have the Twitter application that does, but I'm just wondering if it's possible for the phone 'Me' app to show a pop up bubble as an alert for a new notification, kind of how the Twitter and messaging application does.

Secondly, is the native Facebook application designed to not show you any notifications? Whenever someone posts on my wall or tags me in a photo I never receive any notifications. The native Twitter app does a good job at this, but I get nothing from Facebook. Also, is it possible to have a live Facebook tile?

Thanks!

dannejanne

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site
The "Me" tile should check for updates in about 30 minute intervals I believe if you have it pinned to the startscreen. Not sure about the interval though. But I get notifications on my Me tile anyway. But they are not pushed as far as I know. The way I have set it up is going into setting on facebook and let it send me a mail for the things I want to get notified for. Then just set that mail account to "as items arrive" on the phone and then I get a push email instantly when someone posts something.

unity04

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
I went into the Facebook app >> Settings, and turned on the notifications (had them off by default). Although they're on, I still don't get notification from Facebook. Is it a problem with the application?

dtboos

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Facebook is pretty bad with notifications, and thats across all platforms. Their system (on their end) is not very reliable. I turned everything off except friend requests, messages.

So don't expect this to change anytime soon as Facebook needs to rework their entire notification system on their end.

That being said, the facebook tile WILL show you a "number" on the tile when it DOES update, so yes its "live" in a way :eek:

unity04

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
I managed to get the notification to display on the live tile, but now the notification won't go away on the tile.. it just says the number 1 in a red circle, even though I checked the notification...

fwaits

Mar 9, 2008
Visit site
I managed to get the notification to display on the live tile, but now the notification won't go away on the tile.. it just says the number 1 in a red circle, even though I checked the notification...

There's a delay on those both in receiving and clearing them. They should go away a little while after going into the app and checking.

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
I don't really have many issues on iOS. It's just WP and Android that are the most inconsistent.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes