Typing getting interrupted in Bing search?

fieldeffect

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Does anyone else have problems with getting interrupted part way through typing search terms into the integrated Bing search? I hit the search button, tap the search field and start typing, then (more often than not) when those annoying little "more information on this picture" squares decide to load a couple of seconds later, they cancel my typing and pull away the keyboard!

The only way to avoid this seems to be hitting the search button then patiently waiting for the information boxes to decide to appear before I start typing, but that isn't much of a solution (for which read "I always forget to do it") :)

It's an annoying bug, especially since the integrated search is so much more convenient than using Google through IE.

I *think* this only started happening with Tango, but i'm not entirely sure (only starting using WP7 a couple of weeks before Tango, but I don't remember this happening before the update).

And while we're talking search, does anyone know what the "Allow search button from lock screen" checkbox in search settings does? It doesn't seem to do what it claims to do.

Nick.

krashek

Jun 18, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, I have the same problem, and it bothers me a lot! Because of that i just type search term in navigation bar, and the problem is avoided.

fieldeffect

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
That's a pretty good workaround. The only down side is that it means launching the browser, which means going to the home screen then finding the icon, more effort/time. If it were possible to remap the search button to go straight to IE instead, that would be workable.

I'd like to think that this bug gets fixed in WP7.8 and WP8, but honestly I can't find anyone on the internet anywhere who is even complaining about it.

travis_valkyrie

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Nope, this isn't happening on my Titan. I did what you described, so hit the Bing button and quickly tap on the search bar and enter something before the square infos starts popping up. In my case, it just doesn't. If I enter something, nothing. If I tap back, then they would just pop up as normal.

The Bing from lockscreen is when you tap and hold the Bing button, it will take you directly to Bing, instead of unlocking and tapping on search. Only loads faster if you don't have a PIN on your lockscreen, otherwise it will automatically unlock and show Bing search.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3