Zune Live Tile

the_thunderbird

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
My Zune tile became live at some point in the last few weeks. But the live tile is always the same malnourished looking man moving back and forwards. Can I turn this off?

Squatting Hen

Apr 15, 2012
Visit site
Unless I am way off...it has been a live tile for a while now. I think it happened with the 7.5 update. For me, it shows whatever music artist I was playing last or currently....I think.

Mitlov

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
My Zune tile became live at some point in the last few weeks. But the live tile is always the same malnourished looking man moving back and forwards. Can I turn this off?

Zune's tile will show the face of the most recent-played artist (except for artists who haven't uploaded profile pictures to the Zune marketplace). Play some music by someone else and the tile will show them instead.

As for how to make it go back to a static tile instead of the live tile, I'm not aware of any such option once you've used Zune to play music.

nokia4life

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Strange. Mine never changes from the Zune symbol.

That's mucked up son the live zune tile is great I like that it shows the last artist you might want to look that up as its always live unless you have never synced it with music.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

the_thunderbird

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
I assume mine changed with Tango.. I do play a lot of music and have all my album art uploaded, but haven't a clue who this guy is! Will update if I figure this out.

Mitlov

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
ya what the f! I'm playing music right now and it isn't live.

Are you playing music you've purchased from Zune, (or downloaded as part of the Zune Pass), or music from a different online store, or are you playing music you ripped from a CD or pirated? Because in the latter, it might not be able to identify which portrait from the Zune store to associate with what you're playing.

the_thunderbird

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
Figured it out! When I preview music on Zune the background from the Marketplace for the band last played is "sticking" on my tile. While I cannot get it to rotate through my album art at least I got rid of that man - turned out to be the lead singer of "Owl City"!

MrSean490

Apr 11, 2012
Visit site
Strange. Mine never changes from the Zune symbol.

Ditto. My tile is static.

The music I have on my phone is from a CD I bought legally from JB-HIFI ... Zune on my computer correctly identified the music I put on (updated album info etc to make sure) so there should be no ID issues.

SnailUK

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
Pretty much all my music comes from iTunes (rather than Zune with its sub par mp3s), and th live tile has always worked for me.

Sent from my HD7 T9292 using Board Express

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes