MS Official Word on 7.8 | Hot of the press

IM4CHRST

Aug 19, 2011
Visit site
This does have me leaning away from WP phone when my contract renewal comes up next September. I hate to say it, but I might even switch to an iPhone. I would perfer a Blackberry but who knows what's going to happen with them and Android is out of the question. Sucks because I spent so much time and trying to convince family and friends to buy a WP. Can't do that now if everytime a new OS version requires new hardware, the previous hardware users are left hanging on miniscule tidbits of information and nothing solid to at least hang a hat on.

jusdis

Jul 22, 2012
Visit site
Maybe it was ready, then got pushed back because they are going to release it at the same time alongside the windows phone 8 upgrade. Purely speculation... But maybe that's so they can include the mystic notification centre in 7.8!!Fingers crossed :DThis would also by some time for the Samsung Ativ.... Since Samsung obviously JUST HAD TO prematurely announce it.

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
I know that but I don't think an exact date for an update is too much to ask.
Sent from my SGH-i677 using Board Express

It can be too much to ask if they don't know it. I rather not have a date if they arn't sure they can make it and have it postponed time after time. If they could tell you a date, that means they would be ready with it and could as well push it out now.

Retro_uk

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
I agree with what someone mentioned in the latest podcast. Stalling tactic in the hope people will get fed up and buy into the new OS.

You get small hacking groups making custom OS's for phones, games consoles etc etc. And they do a might fine job. You aren't telling me that it is really taking a company like MS until sometime next year to basically add a new home screen and a handful of small extras. Don't buy that for one second I'm afraid.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon