Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

Global Posts
    100 Global Posts
    PIN
    No
    I couldn't find this anywhere on the internet or in the forums so I'll start a new thread. I noticed this now a couple of times that at certain times (when i'm at home ironically) where I usually see my carrier's name it will simply say "home service". I thought this could be something that has to do with my carrier, but I recently changed carriers and it still shows up. Had it on my old LG Optimus 7 and now on my HTC HD7. Anyone else seen this before?
    Banned

Global Posts
    2,535 Global Posts
    well...who is your carrier?
    I've seen it a few times on my T-mobile HD7 but only when switching towers. It went away after a few seconds.
    Thanked by:

I've seen it on my unlocked Lumia 900 with Bell, it goes away quick and doesn't seem to effect anything.

Global Posts
    100 Global Posts
    PIN
    No
    I was on Sunrise when I lived in Switzerland, moved to Singapore and have SingTel now.

Global Posts
    122 Global Posts
    I just noticed it today when I booted my phone. It said "Home Service" for about 10 seconds before it changed to AT&T. Thought it might be searching for a signal.

Global Posts
    100 Global Posts
    PIN
    No
    just curious, have any of you seen this or something similar on an other OS? WP7 was my first smartphone, so can't really compare :)
    Banned

Global Posts
    2,535 Global Posts
    most likely the ROM version you have doesn't have that carrier in the database so it is defaulting to Home Service.

Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    every time I boot it seems to take ages to get a signal again on my 920, sometimes i need to reeboot to get it to work. the home service appears after every boot and it doesn´t seem to go away without booting every time either... Called my service provider and they had no idea what i was talking about so went on nokia livechat customer service and thay had no idea either. so, at least I´ve informed someone about the problem but no one seems to have a clue nor a way to fix it. (sorry about the english, not my mothertongue)

Global Posts
    100 Global Posts
    PIN
    No
    oh no on the contrary, my carrier does usually show, it's just every now and then that "Home Service" shows up. But it doesn't go away after a couple of seconds as others described in this thread, i've seen it stick there for a couple of minutes, even managed to make phone calls or text. I mean it is not a problem or anything, I was just curious.

Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KristianHognas View Post
    every time I boot it seems to take ages to get a signal again on my 920, sometimes i need to reeboot to get it to work. the home service appears after every boot and it doesn´t seem to go away without booting every time either... Called my service provider and they had no idea what i was talking about so went on nokia livechat customer service and thay had no idea either. so, at least I´ve informed someone about the problem but no one seems to have a clue nor a way to fix it. (sorry about the english, not my mothertongue)
    I have same issue. I have unlock Canadian Rogers Lumia 920, it is a pain to get a signal to lock onto the phone, I usually have to reboot phone once.