Can you merge microsoft accounts?

tmpusr889

Feb 2, 2013
Visit site
I have two microsoft accounts.
1. Old SkyDrive account with 50GB and all my data.
2. Windows Phone account with all my purchased apps.

Windows Phone 8.1 is forcing me to use the OneDrive associated with account #2. That account only has 7GB and none of my files. What can I do about this?

anon(8657436)

Mar 9, 2014
Visit site
Go to mail.live.com, settings and there should be something called "alias". Click on add an alias and add the account you want to be the secondary one.

Tim Turner5

Aug 6, 2015
Visit site
From Microsofts "change-a-microsoft-account-faq"

If you want to change the Microsoft account you use on your phone, you must first reset your phone to factory settings, which will delete everything you've ever added to your phone. So make sure that you back everything up first. See Which apps can I use to sync with my computer? to figure out the best app to use. Note that you'll also need to re-buy anything you've bought that requires a Microsoft account to use, including apps, games and music.

And you can't merge accounts, either :angry: I know - I've been trying for over a year to do either. And linking does no good. I can't imagine why MS don't want you to do this; but I guess someone somewhere gets a bonus based on the number of MS accounts; and if they ever let you change or merge, they'd lose about 40% of the accounts in existence at one fell swoop.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes