No 8.1 preview for developers update on replacement phone

Jonathan Cable

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
So the other day my 8xt charging port melted. I got a replacement today and installed the preview for developers app, and checked for updates. It says my phone is up to date and no matter what I try I do not see the 8.1 update. I reset my phone. I logged in with a different Microsoft Account but still no 8.1 update. An suggestions.

davebolton

Jul 18, 2011
Visit site

Jonathan Cable

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
I had it on my 8XT, and no it has been replaced with a new one since the one I had overheated and melted the charging port. I have now found on the mdna forums for the preview other 8XT owners have been experiencing this issue over the last week. The first time I had no problems getting it to update, but now it will not.

ajaya p

Feb 10, 2014
Visit site
View this steps
1)Register with appstudio.microsoft.com
2)download preview for developers app.
3)sign in with your Microsoft account in preview for developers app and mark enable preview for developers.
4)go to phone update and check for update.

Jonathan Cable

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
I know the steps as I had it on my previous 8XT. There seems to be an issue now with no 8XT's being able to see the update now. Over on the Msdn forums there are a few different posts now about this.

dorelse

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
I know the steps as I had it on my previous 8XT. There seems to be an issue now with no 8XT's being able to see the update now. Over on the Msdn forums there are a few different posts now about this.

Yep, can't get my wife's new 8XT to find the Developer Preview either...hope that means its close to rolling out officially? (Hey, a guy can dream...)

Not sure what to do with her brand new 8XT now as the selling point was 'look what it can do' with 8.1!

Jonathan Cable

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
I hope he does. I am barely using my phone because I cannot stand not having 8.1. Internet Explorer is so much better on 8.1 and I loved the new live tile sizes and third row. Sprint said Summer and with their track record that means August. But I did see that the Nokia 635 is rumored to be headed to Sprint. Hope that means other 8.1 devices also like a brand new HTC flagship. Hoping that is Sprints big announcement later this month.

dorelse

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
I hope he does. I am barely using my phone because I cannot stand not having 8.1. Internet Explorer is so much better on 8.1 and I loved the new live tile sizes and third row. Sprint said Summer and with their track record that means August. But I did see that the Nokia 635 is rumored to be headed to Sprint. Hope that means other 8.1 devices also like a brand new HTC flagship. Hoping that is Sprints big announcement later this month.

That would be great, I hadn't heard any Sprint rumors...I'm hopeful we'll see the official update before August, but who knows at this point.

dorelse

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, but if you take note of the little caveat...the rumored Sprint device will ship 'later with updated firmware'...so to me, that's a late summer, early fall release...not sure that would make an annoucement later this month?

Hope so!

dorelse

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
Well, been tweeting WindowsPhoneSupport today trying to get them to realize some of us can't get our phones to find it.

They're insisting that the Developer Preview was a) never ever could be updated using 'update my phone' with the Preview for Dev app installed, and that b) I have to pay the $19 fee...which we all know isn't accurate.

At this point, its a non-starter. I tried...but I can't teach MS Support how their own DP program works... <sigh>

Very frustrating...my wife loves 8.1...8.0, eh, not so much...hopefully its coming soon.

Jonathan Cable

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
So I was hoping with the news that HTC phones are back in the program I would finally be able to get 8.1 on my 8XT but nope still stuck on 8. The summer is over and Sprint missed their promised summer update.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon