Old appointments automatically removed from calendar

Joseph Lewkovich

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
I just notice that all of my old appointments have been removed from my calendar. I never noticed this before, so I'm wondering if it was some sort of glitch, or if it's a setting that I can disable (I like having records of my past appointments).

Phone: HTC M8
Software: Windows Phone 8.1
OS version: 8.10.14141.167

psiu_glen

Dec 26, 2011
Visit site
Outlook.com seems to do this. It's pretty much infuriating.

Could always setup a Google account just to have a calendar that won't delete things 3 or 4 weeks later...

Hypnopottamus

Jan 28, 2012
Visit site
Try doing this:

Go to your outlook calendar via the internet (on your PC). Click on the settings cog and click on "options." Under "Select when to delete your completed tasks," select "Never."

I have done this, and ALL my appointments still show.

psiu_glen

Dec 26, 2011
Visit site
Try doing this:

Go to your outlook calendar via the internet (on your PC). Click on the settings cog and click on "options." Under "Select when to delete your completed tasks," select "Never."

holy...STUFF

I think that also resurrected all the old "deleted" appointments!

(note: them calling it "completed tasks" is terrible -- should be "all events" or something, since Tasks are their own niche event -- arghghhghgh)

Hypnopottamus

Jan 28, 2012
Visit site
holy...STUFF

I think that also resurrected all the old "deleted" appointments!

(note: them calling it "completed tasks" is terrible -- should be "all events" or something, since Tasks are their own niche event -- arghghhghgh)

I'm glad that worked. I wasn't too sure that was the issue, but I guess it was!! I agree that calling it "tasks" is confusing.

Joseph Lewkovich

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
Try doing this:

I'm not using Outlook though, just Windows Live...unless they're the same thing in this instance?

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I'm not using Outlook though, just Windows Live...unless they're the same thing in this instance?

Past appointments are removed two weeks afterwards. Sync my calendars on Windows Phone | Windows Phone How-to (United States)

[h=4]Syncing Microsoft accounts and Microsoft Exchange accounts[/h] To see the calendar for a Microsoft account or a Microsoft Exchange account (typically used at work) on your phone, just set up the account. The calendars will automatically show up along with your contacts and email, and your phone will sync the following events (these settings can't be changed):

• Two weeks of past single-instance (non-recurring) events.
  • All future single-instance events.
  • All recurring events that have occurrences within the last two weeks or anytime in the future.

Hypnopottamus

Jan 28, 2012
Visit site
When I say "Outlook," I mean "Outlook.com". I believe ALL MS accounts ( Live, Hotmail, Outlook) route to that web address. So, yes. The same should apply to you too.

meonms

Sep 30, 2016
Visit site
You said: Go to your outlook calendar via the internet (on your PC). Click on the settings cog and click on "options." Under "Select when to delete your completed tasks," select "Never."

I cannot find a line that says "Select when to delete your completed tasks" under Options. Your suggestion may apply to outlook in general. The problem of disappearing completed tasks old entries occurs on my window phone. I still see the items on the web Microsoft account. I would like to keep my mail on my device and not have it disappear from my hands. I find that extremely irritating.

Any other ideas, anyone?

sinime

Retired Moderator
Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
You said: Go to your outlook calendar via the internet (on your PC). Click on the settings cog and click on "options." Under "Select when to delete your completed tasks," select "Never."

I cannot find a line that says "Select when to delete your completed tasks" under Options. Your suggestion may apply to outlook in general. The problem of disappearing completed tasks old entries occurs on my window phone. I still see the items on the web Microsoft account. I would like to keep my mail on my device and not have it disappear from my hands. I find that extremely irritating.

Any other ideas, anyone?

Not sure it actually works, just changed the setting for my account, so we'll see if it syncs old appointments, just keeps new ones, or continues to remove them from my phone... but I guess the theory is that making them stay on Outlook.com makes them stay on your phone when it syncs...

To get to the option, go to Outlook.com and log in...
Click the icon on top left that has a grid of 3x3 squares...
Select Calendar...
Hit the Settings button (Gear) near top right...
Hit "Options"...
Scroll down towards bottom to find "Select when to delete your completed tasks"...

Outlook.png

bbaksa

Oct 10, 2017
Visit site
Hi,

I cannot see this settings in Outlook Calendar also... :( I see the same as "meonms" see....:(
Where can I set these sync settings on Windows phone, or in Web Outlook Calendar?

MS_Outlook_settings_.jpg

Thanks,
B.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
petazinta