Calendar not syncing properly

zack251

Jan 22, 2013
Visit site
Hi all,

I am having this problem that any item I add on my phone will not be updated on Calendar online. Similarly any item that I add using Calendar online will not be updated on my phone. I am using a Lumia 830.
The problem is that Calendar sync just fine between my desktop and tablet running Windows 8.1.
This is driving me crazy as I want to use the phone as a productivity tool.

EBUK

Oct 31, 2014
Visit site
This was happening to me yesterday. It didn't matter how many times I tried syncing, or whether I entered an appointment on the phone, laptop, or online, it just wouldn't sync.

Restarted the phone - no joy.

Checked Battery Saver, and changed the setting for Calendar so that it was permitted always to run, and that seemed to do the trick, but it may have been coincidence. Worth giving it a try.

poit57

Aug 8, 2014
Visit site
I only seem to be having issues with my Outlook (calendar.live.com) birthday calendar. There are 9 birthdays this month alone, and many others throughout the year that show on my Outlook calendar. The only birthday showing in my birthday calendar on the phone is 1 person on July 30 that for some reason has 2 entries for that day.

I've tested by adding a task to my primary calendar in Outlook, and it synched to my phone just fine. I'm just concerned why this the birthday calendar doesn't seem to be synching from calendar.live.com to my phone.

Iridian

Dec 15, 2013
Visit site
The birthday calendar seems to be very buggy. There are problems going on for years reported on the Microsoft support forums and the problems don't seem to be taken serious by Microsoft.
Anyways what seems to help is only add birthdays to contacts on the Outlook.com people website (not on your phone). Consider the website as the central server for all contact data.

If a birthday is not shown it helped me to change the birthday to another date, save, change back to correct date, save again and then refresh the birthday calendar online. Next step is to sync your Microsoft account on your phone. After that the birthday might show up correctly.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGluco2