Why are the same contacts showing twice in CALL A CONTACT options?

S_Prashanth

Jun 7, 2015
Visit site
Same contacts showing twice in CALL A CONTACT option.

Hi,
I am using Microsoft Lumia 640 XL. Multiple contacts with the same name are showing under CALL A CONTACT option, while there is only single contact in PEOPLE.

Last edited:

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Re: Multiple contacts showing in CALL A CONTACT option.

There's an option to "link" these contacts together under one person. Small icon at the bottom that looks like a chain.

S_Prashanth

Jun 7, 2015
Visit site

Thank you. But what is the need of linking two contacts with the same phone numbers into one? What I need is - how to delete the second contact without affecting the first one?

Nokia5110

Feb 5, 2014
Visit site

Thank you. But what is the need of linking two contacts with the same phone numbers into one? What I need is - how to delete the second contact without affecting the first one?

Maybe disable one of your account such as Skype, Gmail, Hotmail so that you have one source for your contacts.

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Re: Same contacts showing twice in CALL A CONTACT option.

Gotcha. What it is, is one contact entry might have different info than the other. For example one might have their phone number, and the other might have their phone number and an email address. Or they might just have different contact "names". I had this as well with my fathers' info. One was listed by his name "Robert" (which had his phone number and email), and another was listed as "Dad" with the same info. I just made sure that I have all the needed info saved on one, and deleted the other. (There's a delete option at the bottom of the edit contact screen)
Hope this helps....

S_Prashanth

Jun 7, 2015
Visit site

Thank you. I have just seen that - even though I save my contacts only on my SIM1, the contact displays that it is also being saved to Outlook. Also, I select only SIM1 always, but Outlook contacts show up on the contact details.
wp_ss_20150829_0005.png
wp_ss_20150829_0004.png
I don't want my contacts to be copied to Outlook. How do I make this happen?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes