A Based_Graham solution for Nokia and friends :)

based_graham

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
A LOT of people loose or break their phones. Everyday someone's phone gets stolen or broken.

I broke my phone after my 7th drop test Lumia 800 screen shattered. This is good thing for Microsoft, Nokia and their partners

This is Based_Graham' solution to WINNING!

-Existing 7.5 users trade their Windows Phones into a retail store

-35$ upgrade fee to upgrade to a low/mid range Windows Phone 8 handset

-People that need phones on contract can get a used Windows Phone for 50$+

Existing users get Windows Phone 8

Carriers make money off old Lumia's

Microsoft should make this exclusives all filler phones should be Windows Phones

Microsoft WP market share increases

Nokia gets more mind and marketshare

People with broken phones get a Nokia Lumia phone that simply works

In the end everybody WINS

Agree/Disagree

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
I don't really understood you but I like the idea of trading your old(?) lumias for a new WP8 by paying 50 bucks. But what about Titan/Focus S owners, they payed 200 bucks.

based_graham

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
I don't really understood you but I like the idea of trading your old(?) lumias for a new WP8 by paying 50 bucks. But what about Titan/Focus S owners, they payed 200 bucks.

Trade in any Windows Phone 7.5 and get a Windows Phone 8 for 35$

If somebody needs a new phone and is under contract cant upgrade he/she can buy a loaner Windows Phone from AT&T for 50$ or more + 1 year extension something like that.

Existing users get a new Windows Phone 8

Users that need phones get a reliable Windows Phone 7.5

AT&T making sales off used phones plus extending contracts

Nokia, Microsoft OEM's get more WP marketshare

Everybody wins in the end.

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Too expensive for the carriers. Unlike a used video game, refurbished phones have to be tested before they can be resold. A program like the one suggest would cause man-hours to skyrocket. Plus, the carriers have no guarantee they could even sell the refubs amongst all the other free-cheap new phones they currently have. You also have to consider that new handsets are already subsidized. They're not going to sell you a $200 new phone for $35 because of a trade-in that they will have to then spend money to test and then hope to sell.

based_graham

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
Too expensive for the carriers. Unlike a used video game, refurbished phones have to be tested before they can be resold. A program like the one suggest would cause man-hours to skyrocket. Plus, the carriers have no guarantee they could even sell the refubs amongst all the other free-cheap new phones they currently have. You also have to consider that new handsets are already subsidized. They're not going to sell you a $200 new phone for $35 because of a trade-in that they will have to then spend money to test and then hope to sell.

I understand that. But with money and a strong partnership anything can happen. It can even help a carrier gain leverage over another.

Just thinking out-side the box. Yes phones need to be tested etc but that process isn't to hard. The testing can go back to Nokia, Microsoft or AT&T

But if you trade in a phone for 35$ sell it for 50 plus for a loaner and extend a contract for a year. That's a pretty good deal you can get profit if the formula is right

Just saying its a possibility. Maybe just for Windows Phone 8 but for the future as well.

I would rather do that then buy a phone off CL or extend my contract. I bet lot of people would as well.

Regards,

Based_Graham@twitter

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Haha, think too late for this idea.. Three, UK did similar with Nokia earlier.

Nokia E51, one of the chunky business phone flopped. Instead of unsupporting, Three UK, kept those handsets as "replacements" for those customers who did not have insurances.

Consider this:

I am an iPhone owner (*pukes*) and I lost my phone. No insurance. I call Three UK to cancel my SIM, bar my phone. Three UK asks me if I was covered. I wasn't. The nice lady offers me a refurbished but as good as brand new - Nokia E51 with excellent business features blah blah blah for just ?50. She says, this will fill the gap for next 8 months before I am ready for an upgrade and I get another iPhone. To me, that was a good deal. Get that E51 for ?50 to use for 8 months. Then upgrade.

Now consider E51 to be all our returned WP7.5

So in theory as you say, when we return these WP7.5 we pay Three UK, ?35. Then when someone gets it off Three, UK they pay ?50. Three UK gets ?85 for being the middle man. However, now consider Three, UK giving us Windows Phone 8 which will cost about ?450 average for free! Who pays the difference of ?365? ;)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes