I think the naysayers will change their minds.

cp2_4eva

Mar 19, 2012
Visit site
All this talk about the Nokia event being a bust. I for one am not a Nokia fan boy. I sold my L900 for an HTC Titan 2. I think most of the people saying that the Nokia event was a bust will STILL buy the L920/820. Why?

1.Nokia's HEAVY support of the OS

2. Apps (maybe tied into point number 1)

3. Different style (although the 920 is not too different from the 900)

4. Cool features (Once you see pureview for yourself, you MIGHT be amazed)

5. You haven't actually held it in your hand yet to figure out whether or not it is ergonomically sound.

6. On the 820, I can freakin' change the color of my phone on a whim if I have the other colored shells.

7. Windows Phone 8 (They still haven't given us the low-down on all the new features. I can't imagine something being missing that wont put us up to current Android/iOS basic functions)

8. Accessories (what other WP Device has all the accessories that Nokia has?)

9. Nokia commitment (this goes without saying...they are all in)

I'm getting a Nokia. Why?

1. HTC hasn't proven to me that they are willing to support my device after they release it. I like their products, hate their support...or lack thereof.

2. Samsung might be slacking on the support side as well, plus that flimsy pseudo metal doesn't work for me. Plus, something about the Ativ seems rushed and half-hearted. Like they are putting it out just to say they did. Like they did a cookie cutter thing and threw in a few sprinkles to make it slightly different than any other device they released.

This could change, but I already feel left behind with my Titan 2 not having that Tango upgrade already. My wife has the L900 and she is like "Why can't you send me all those pictures at once? Oh.....I forgot..sorry) lol.

I still feel that Nokia is our best chance against the competition. Plus, the phone is not even released yet. Things can change. Some people complained that their wasn't much innovation going into the phone, but there is AND how much more innovations can the world have before the phone can actually read your mind?

cp2_4eva

Mar 19, 2012
Visit site
Can't you share a folder of pictures via SkyDrive App?

or BoxFiles, a drop box client?

or do you mean offline via bluetooth sharing?

Of course I can, but they can do it right from their MMS client. Less time, much easier and it's the actually file, not a link to the files.

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Of course I can, but they can do it right from their MMS client. Less time, much easier and it's the actually file, not a link to the files.

I take it Tango hasn't made it to your phones then? I've got Tango (custom ROM though) on my Titan and can do multiple MMS files now.

cp2_4eva

Mar 19, 2012
Visit site
I take it Tango hasn't made it to your phones then? I've got Tango (custom ROM though) on my Titan and can do multiple MMS files now.

Yeah, I haven't got it yet. I really don't want to flash it yet, I'm more dangling on the hopes that HTC will actually release it lol. Or AT&T...which ever one is holding up my progress

X0LARIUM

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
After seeing the hands-on videos, i did have a bit of change of mind. Yes, the phone looks waaayyy better than what it did on the stage up there yesterday.

It is smart-looking device, but I am still waiting for HTC.
Then I will decide on which brand to hand out my money to.

Let me share the videos with those who haven't seen the phone in its true glory:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wn0scSaC28E

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XOBvHjIU1Wg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fUwvxrXw-6Q&feature=player_embedded

See it. They were effective to an extent for me...at least.

cp2_4eva

Mar 19, 2012
Visit site
Who over 15 cares about that?
just because you wouldn't doesn't mean other folks won't. And teenagers own smartphones too dude. Tons of kids have iPhones. Women like to accessorize too. And sometime you just don't feel like being red, sometimes you want to be a different color (not talking about skin color)

Sent from my PI86100 using Board Express

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes