Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By socialcarpet
  • 1 Post By ImmortalWarrior

Global Posts
    410 Global Posts
    I got a Nokia Lumia 900 and a new AT&T 2-year contract in May of this year (after being on Sprint, AT&T is awesome!) I want to upgrade to the Lumia 920 and realize it will be $599. Any suggestions as what to do with my Lumia 900? I don't know anyone who has AT&T who would want it. Is it worth anything on EBay? Donate it somewhere? Paperweight?

Global Posts
    3,764 Global Posts
    Just give it to the homeless.

Global Posts
    1,192 Global Posts
    I am just going to keep mine. Doubt eBay will get much. Was hoping the development with it would be more, and I would use mine for that. Just going to hold on to it. May be my mow the lawn/ fishing phone lol

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

Global Posts
    1,192 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Winterfang View Post
    Just give it to the homeless.
    that's a good thought. I may do that as well

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

Global Posts
    121 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GSOgymrat View Post
    I got a Nokia Lumia 900 and a new AT&T 2-year contract in May of this year (after being on Sprint, AT&T is awesome!) I want to upgrade to the Lumia 920 and realize it will be $599. Any suggestions as what to do with my Lumia 900? I don't know anyone who has AT&T who would want it. Is it worth anything on EBay? Donate it somewhere? Paperweight?
    If your looking to sell it id say ebay - youll probably get a couple hundred for it. Use that money towards new 920.

Im adding my Focus S on ebay any day now.

Global Posts
    365 Global Posts
    I'd keep it as a backup phone.

Global Posts
    3,764 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ironsoulreaver View Post
    I'd keep it as a backup phone.
    Ooooooh... Yes.

I don't think I'll have any trouble upgrading from the 900 to the 920 since I didn't develop an emotional tie to the 900 anyway. I like it but it never quite measured up. My first Windows phone, the HTC Arrive..I'm hanging onto it a while longer.

I thought about mounting mine in the car and using it as a permanent GPS / Media player kinda deal. You can refresh media/maps etc. wirelessly when at home when it's in the garage and it saves you unplugging and plugging your primary device all the time.

There are plenty of things you can do with it, most you probably haven't thought of because the device was too valuable to be used in one place.

Global Posts
    487 Global Posts
    I'm considering a move from Sprint. What about AT&T do you like better than Sprint?

Global Posts
    2,578 Global Posts
    Sprint quoted me $59 bill credit for a Lumia 900. You might want to donate it to a friend with Sprint...

Global Posts
    575 Global Posts
    I sold my unlocked Rogers 900 on ebay 3 weeks ago for 350. I posted it as used and a guy from Slovenia bought it. For my money through PayPal yesterday.

Ebay takes 9% and PayPal another fee. Definitely worth than nothing unless u want to keep the 900 as spare.
    Nokia Lumia 920 | Rogers Wireless Canada
    HP Touchpad 32GB CM 9 ICS
    Banned

Global Posts
    1,966 Global Posts
    Donate it here. They refurbish some and resell them to benefit the charity, and some the refurb and give to women who are threatened by domestic violence so they can call for help etc.

National Coalition Against Domestic Violence
    eric12341 likes this.
    Banned

Global Posts
    1,966 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mlm1950 View Post
    I'm considering a move from Sprint. What about AT&T do you like better than Sprint?
    A real LTE network.

Global Posts
    410 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mlm1950 View Post
    Coverage where I live is much better with AT&T than Sprint. I could not drive around town and stream music with Sprint because it was buffering every 30 seconds. I also could not make calls, much less stream music, while in the gym. With AT&T the coverage is great and I can stream video with no buffering. The speed difference is night and day.

Global Posts
    864 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by xsever View Post
    I sold my unlocked Rogers 900 on ebay 3 weeks ago for 350. I posted it as used and a guy from Slovenia bought it. For my money through PayPal yesterday.

Ebay takes 9% and PayPal another fee. Definitely worth than nothing unless u want to keep the 900 as spare.
    not sure about now BUT couple months ago rogers lumia 900's were selling for a couple hundred over the at&t models (due to the unlock restrictions)

Global Posts
    410 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by brmiller1976 View Post
    Sprint quoted me $59 bill credit for a Lumia 900. You might want to donate it to a friend with Sprint...
    Can Sprint customers use Lumia 900? I have a friend who is on Sprint who might be interested.

If I had a recently purchased 900 I would hold on to it and use it with 7.8, and wait until prices on phones like the 920 go down a little.

Global Posts
    575 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Villain View Post
    not sure about now BUT couple months ago rogers lumia 900's were selling for a couple hundred over the at&t models (due to the unlock restrictions)
    Yeah I know since they were easily unlockable. Oh well, 350 isn't shabby at all given that I still have another 900 I use as my main phone.

350 + some cash = Lumia 920. That'll do :)
    Nokia Lumia 920 | Rogers Wireless Canada
    HP Touchpad 32GB CM 9 ICS

Global Posts
    2,578 Global Posts
    Can Sprint customers use Lumia 900? I have a friend who is on Sprint who might be interested.
    Yes -- they can use it as a trade-in phone for bill credit, not on their network. :)
    I might trade it in to make my L920 cheaper, or I might keep it as a media device with no SIM.

I would suggest contacting AT&T and having it unlocked if you're going to put it on Ebay.

Personally I would keep it as a spare backup phone. One never knows when they might drop their phone in the toliet (yeah it actually happened).
    ...When you judge someone you tell more about yourself than the person you are judging.

If you buy an HTC you'll get $175 for your phone by trading it in:

HTC Trade Up Program
    Yesterday on Kijiji (Canadian free classifieds) I saw people asking for Lumia 900's for 350 bucks. Mine is already unlocked so I may pop it up there for 350 once I get my 920 and see if anyone bites. If they do, it's a deal. If not, I'll keep it as a dedicated GPS/Music device and emergency backup phone.
    Xsever likes this.