AT&T Preorder Lumia 920 - Not On Time

garak0410

Jan 8, 2009
Visit site
I preordered my Lumia 920 online because it said it would be here by today (9th) but FedEx tracking shows Monday now. Has anyone else had a broken promise delivery date on theirs too?

Also, is AT&T trustworthy to refund my order if I decide to refuse delivery and just go to the store today to get the phone?

Thanks!
Brian

Why0Why

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I preordered my Lumia 920 online because it said it would be here by today (9th) but FedEx tracking shows Monday now. Has anyone else had a broken promise delivery date on theirs too?

Also, is AT&T trustworthy to refund my order if I decide to refuse delivery and just go to the store today to get the phone?

Thanks!
Brian
Very frustrated here too. They said definitely by today and mine shipped by USPS! Yes, mail, not ups. And it didn't ship until last night. Way to treat people that preorder.

garak0410

Jan 8, 2009
Visit site
Very frustrated here too. They said definitely by today and mine shipped by USPS! Yes, mail, not ups. And it didn't ship until last night. Way to treat people that preorder.

As long as my Delivery Refusal from FedEx will be my proof to AT&T, I may refuse delivery and get from store today. Just want assurance they will refund my refusal upon receipt.

markgrif

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
As long as my Delivery Refusal from FedEx will be my proof to AT&T, I may refuse delivery and get from store today. Just want assurance they will refund my refusal upon receipt.
I did that on my Lumia 900. There was no problem. The store rep even shipped it back for me!

Just be sure you go to a "corporate" store. They can do things like that, as well as match any AT&T online offer, like the charger. The other non-corporate outlets can't do that.

I had even opened mine up. Inside is a return label.

Why0Why

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I have had this happen with the iPhone before too. I should have known better. I guess I will just wait until Monday. I have just been waiting so long and I was hoping to play with it this weekend.

brmiller1976

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
Mine promised a UPS date of yesterday and a delivery date of today.

I got an e-mail yesterday saying it had shipped, but no tracking number.

I called and they claim it's "still in processing and will be sent out in the next couple of business days."

I said "that's unacceptable, my order clearly states it was to be mailed the 8th, and I paid for overnight shipping."

I got a "well, we don't guarantee anything" answer.

At least their customer service is as bad as I remember. :)

If I don't get it today or tomorrow, I will be quite unhappy. With my luck, T-Mo will have my 8X ready before AT&T gets me my "overnighted" 920 comparer.

conanheath

Sep 10, 2012
Visit site
I didn't get tracking # in shipping confirmation email either, but if you sign in to your ATT account and check orders it might be there. I found mine there and it was correct.

ryanv12

Oct 12, 2012
Visit site
Mine is supposed to be delivered on Monday as well. It's disappointing, but I can wait until Monday. I'll just go outside for the first time since September ;)

brmiller1976

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
Their order system is messed up. I called and got a tracking number -- my phone is in my city, on a delivery truck as of 7 AM this morning, and I will receive it on time. You should call and get the information.

garak0410

Jan 8, 2009
Visit site
WTF Man!

Your posting this on multiple boards!

Suck it up and you will get your phone...

Give me the benefit of the doubt as a new user. My post timed out and when I realized I posted in the wrong forum anyway, I reposted, not knowing the other post made it.

Anyway, I went to the store to get my 920, saved $100.00 more than the pre-order and I am refusing delivery on the pre-order.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon