01-10-2014 06:41 PM
- I have a Ford Fusion with Sync. I also have a WP7 and everything works great. I am trying to find out if anybody out there that has there new WP8 has them working with there Ford Sync. If so does text messaging work? Does the phone book and calling work?11-10-2012 03:43 PM
- I have been having an issue with my Lumia 920 and my Ford Sync. I have a 2010 Escape, and I cannot turn off text notifications for the phone, so my music constantly gets interrupted. I had to turn this off with the Lumia 900 and had no issues, but now when I try to access Message Notifications within my console, it tells me my phone doesn't support them and won't let me turn them off... Might have to try completely re-syncing my phone to the car. Very frustrating to deal with. But honestly, the only issue I have with my 920 so far.11-12-2012 08:15 AM
- I am having an issue with my Gen1 Sync system and my 920 in my Taurus. The Sync's text messaging states my phone does not support the feature. My 900 did. The phone's text messaging over bluetooth does work perfectly, but I do not have the ability to use the Sync's touchscreen text message responses.11-12-2012 08:42 AM
- I previously had an Iphone and recently got the Lumia 920. I have a new Ford Raptor 2012 and the text feature doesn't seem to work and playing media via bluetooth only works when operating it from the phone. All of the song titles that it pulled out of Itunes are in file name format as well. I want this to work and was one of the key reasons why I thought the windows phone would work better with Sync. I am just looking for some help in turning on text and email functions, setting up the bluetooth music library, and reorganizing the song titles to be more user friendly.
Please Help. Thanks.12-05-2012 03:38 PM
- Something that I still want to know because I have had mixed responses.
When streaming music, are you guys able to see the artists and track title via bluetooth? I have a 2011 Ford Fiesta with Ford Sync (not touch) updated to current firware. With iOS, if you plug the phone in via USB, it is able to give you track info. Over bluetooth I have not successfully seen a device that this works with.12-05-2012 03:42 PM
- Ive got a 2010 Mustang and an 8x (i used to use an HD7). Sync will read text's just fine. PLaying music (kind of ) works. It plays songs from BT on my phone (it only displays BT Media on the screen) and i can change songs via the steering wheel controls. HOWEVER, i am experiencing an odd problem. Id like for someone else with a 2010 model sync to try to recreate this. 1) start the car 2) reboot the phone to insure that no music is "active" 3) wait for BT and SYNC to sync up. 4) try to open the music player!! For me, when i follow these steps, the entire phone freezes for about 2-3 min. The screen comes on but I cant do anything. This happens EVERY time. If i already have the music "open" on my phone when it syncs, it works fine. Also, after it unfreezes it works fine. Can someone please try to recreate this. thanks12-05-2012 03:47 PM
- Have 08 Focus with SYNC and new Nokia 822. Can't find contacts? Doesn't download phonebook? I deleted old Android phone but that did not help. It worked when I first got it but now it doesn't? Maybe something to do with "Filtered Contacts"??? Any help appreciated. TKS.12-05-2012 11:45 PM
- My 920 and 2012 F150 dont work well at all. Sometimes the phone answers in Private mode and other times it works properly. I cant text out because SYNC says the device does not support texting, yet it will read an incomming text and let me respond to it. SYNCsays it a Nokia issue and Nodia says its a SYNC issue. I have no trouble with SYNC and an iPhone 5. You would think that since they are both running Microsoft Engines that they might work.12-20-2012 07:14 AM
- 12-20-2012 07:39 AM
The phone book and calling works great. I downloaded my address book to my car and with the press of a button I can say "Call Girlfriend Mobile" and viola.Originally Posted by lordofthereefWhen streaming music, are you guys able to see the artists and track title via Bluetooth?
(Although I should say that I stopped listening to music over Bluetooth from my phone; my car has a USB port, so I loaded all my music onto a USB thumbdrive and I just keep that plugged in. The voice commands over SYNC work just as well with a USB thumbdrive - if your ID3 tags are correct - as they do with Bluetooth audio.)12-20-2012 09:00 AM
I haven't tried any of the bluetooth stuff with sync after the 920 update from yesterday, hopefully things are better.12-20-2012 09:10 AM
- I have a 2011 Ford Raptor and use to have an HTC Inspire 4g, it worked fine, but sync did not read me the texts. All my contacts synced though and blue tooth audio worked great.
Now I got a HTC 8x and it synced my contacts A to like G or something, and would read me text messages. I reformatted my phone because it stopped showing me who was calling (on the phone itself). I resynced my phone now I dont have ANY contacts and it says This feature is not supported when I try to open the phonebook, but my caller ID on the phone itself works when a contact calls. I just need to get my cars phonebook to sync and I'll be happy.12-26-2012 05:01 PM
- 2011 Ford F-150 with Synch. Verizon Nokia 822. Bluetooth calls randomly go to Privacy mode. No pattern to the problem. Tested my phone and my wifes and they both had the problem, yet hers works fine on a 2006 Camry Hybrid. Go Figure. More Microsoft failings!!!!! All 4 of our phones are going back.01-03-2013 11:09 PM
- Works great on my 1st generation 2009 Ford Taurus. I've just done it via Bluetooth since I already have a Zune HD plugged into the USB. Anyway, phone calls are great and when i use Bluetooth for music it works great too.
I do wish I could initiate a text message from Sync. If I have an inbound text, Sync will pause the music and my 822 will tell me over Sync that I have a message and if I want to play it. After it reads it to me, it asks me if i want to reply and I go ahead and do that. I just can't hit the Sync button and start a message, have to hold down the windows key, which if I have it mounted to my dash isn't the end of the world.01-04-2013 01:23 PM
- Works well with my 2009 escape with the Gen 1 system running version 2.1. The only issue I have is with the first outgoing call defaulting to private call. After that first one everything runs fine. I do not use it via USB though, which is used with my first Gen iPod lol01-04-2013 02:01 PM
- 01-04-2013 05:00 PM
- 01-05-2013 01:54 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD