Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 66
  1. jrpeters89's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    1 Posts
    #26  
    Hey All,

    Looks like everyone is having a similar problem here. I got the Lumia 920 yesterday and everything was working fine until about 10:00am this morning. My emails are stuck in sync mode and I can't delete or open emails without the App crashing.

    I have also had the texting issue (I would click the button, but it wouldn't send), but I just fully closed out that application and that finally worked.

    The email thing is a real issue and I see that a bunch of people here have reset their phones. I have never had a windows phone before and I know how to do a regular shut down, but could anyone help me out with doing a reset like most of you are taking about?

    Thanks :P
  2. Andrew Foley's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    6 Posts
    #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by speedeemon View Post
    Hey All,

    Looks like everyone is having a similar problem here. I got the Lumia 920 yesterday and everything was working fine until about 10:00am this morning. My emails are stuck in sync mode and I can't delete or open emails without the App crashing.

    I have also had the texting issue (I would click the button, but it wouldn't send), but I just fully closed out that application and that finally worked.

    The email thing is a real issue and I see that a bunch of people here have reset their phones. I have never had a windows phone before and I know how to do a regular shut down, but could anyone help me out with doing a reset like most of you are taking about?

    Thanks :P
    Phone reset is under "about" in the settings. Make sure you back up your photos and videos first. If you have it setup to sync/backup to your MS account then the phone does a good job of reinstalling apps and reapplying certain settings.

    wpc posted this issue today attributing it to gmail syncing issues.
    I've had this issue with and without gmail synced to my phone. Before and after a phone reset. I'm syncing exchange, 2 outllooks and facebook. I can't email, message or post from the Me app. In "accounts" it just says that all my accounts are syncing constantly. Phone reset fixed it for 1 day but it's back at it again. The send button in messaging is unresponsive for me just like you all.
  3. ghawkescs's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    7 Posts
    #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by speedeemon View Post
    Hey All,

    Looks like everyone is having a similar problem here. I got the Lumia 920 yesterday and everything was working fine until about 10:00am this morning. My emails are stuck in sync mode and I can't delete or open emails without the App crashing.

    I have also had the texting issue (I would click the button, but it wouldn't send), but I just fully closed out that application and that finally worked.

    The email thing is a real issue and I see that a bunch of people here have reset their phones. I have never had a windows phone before and I know how to do a regular shut down, but could anyone help me out with doing a reset like most of you are taking about?

    Thanks :P
    I'm having a lot of texting issues too. My Microsoft account is still stuck at syncing and my texts aren't going through. It is sometimes taking me 4+ hours to receive texts and when they come through the phone does not buzz or show a number in the messaging live tile.
  4. Gadgetman110's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    25 Posts
    #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by ghawkescs View Post
    I'm having a lot of texting issues too. My Microsoft account is still stuck at syncing and my texts aren't going through. It is sometimes taking me 4+ hours to receive texts and when they come through the phone does not buzz or show a number in the messaging live tile.
    My phone has been acting odd all day. I noticed my Live, Twitter and Comcast accounts stuck on syncing. I tried a reset and now my phone is stuck on the Nokia splash screen. I've tried the volume down/camera button down/power down reset s few times and no luck. Seems to be dead :(

    Sure hope they all aren't like this. I LOVE this phone.
  5. Sivz's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    1 Posts
    #30  
    It looks like this issue is being caused by Skype. Email is working fine after uninstalling Skype.
  6. #31  
    Quote Originally Posted by Sivz View Post
    It looks like this issue is being caused by Skype. Email is working fine after uninstalling Skype.
    +1 with Sivz, I had the problem with all my accounts greyed out and showing as syncing. E-mail would crash, contacts would crash, didn't try texting.

    I uninstalled Skype, rebooted.... everything working now.

    After I installed Skype, I tried to login with MS account and it told me I needed to merge my accounts, I went to the Skype website and did that and after logging into Skype on the phone is when the problem started happening. Not sure if that's what causes the constant sync issue, but figured it was worth mentioning.
  7. #32  
    I uninstalled sykpe and rebooted the phone and it's all working now! Email crash issue went away. they are all syncing fine..
  8. brudolph1211's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    6 Posts
    #33  
    Just confirming that uninstalling Skype fixed all my issues as well. @winphonesupport mentioned it when i @ replied them my issue.
  9. John Treybal's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    1 Posts
    #34  
    I uninstalled Skype and am still having the same issues.
    Last edited by John Treybal; 11-14-2012 at 07:45 PM.
  10. ghawkescs's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    7 Posts
    #35  
    Same here, uninstalled Skype and things have been running smoothly for the past couple of hours.

    I had to reboot my phone after the uninstall for everything to work.
  11. Andrew Foley's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    6 Posts
    #36  
    Didn't work for me. I uninstalled skype and rebooted. Having the same issue. Some accounts are greyed out and syncing... but never do sync. Email crashes. I can't select emails or long press them. Send button in messaging does nothing. Not receiving messages. My accounts are MS/outlook, Nokia, facebook, exchange, linkedin, personal imap.
  12. Gadgetman110's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    25 Posts
    #37  
    Took my phone back to ATT and they were very nice....checked the phone out and replaced it. Everything is working well with the new phone.
  13. #38  
    Hi guys just wanted to add to the woes that seem to be plaguing alot of WP8 users out there.

    Phone: Nokia Lumia 920
    OS: WP8
    Network: Orange EE UK

    Sync Issue, Email Bug, insane vibration due to skype:

    I am getting the same email bug that everyone else and the OP has posted and oddly enough its not only on my GMail account but also my MS live account and Outlook Account . I did install Skype and oddly enough these issues seemed to have started when on my Windows 8 PC i was told to merge my skype account to my microsoft account. I have done what other posters have advised [uninstalling skype > reset > should be all fixed] but that has failed to take any effect.

    I am not sure if any of you have also noticed but must if not all 'active feeds' I.e. People hub's Whats new as well as the one in the Photo hub. Trying to enter these areas gives me the error "We can't connect to your feeds at the moment". And yes i did make sure i am connected on WiFi and 3G internet when testing out these two issues i am having.

    Is it just me or is there a connection to Skype and the merging of MS accounts? i am highly doubtful this is a hardware issue.

    Then the last issue i have had with my lumia 920, i realised that skype while active in the background if you receive multiple messages via skype and/or a skype call your vibration goes insane and actual remanins on until you reset your phone. had it happen to me 3 times yesterday. Seems MS is being tightlipped about these issues so far though, lets hope the community can force them to get these issues fixed asap, having customers have to Hard reset devices or go in and trade for new ones is a ridiculous way of fixing what may be a simple bug fix.
  14. #39  
    Ok so after some fiddling around i think i have found a way to get it all working again without the need for a hard reset.

    From what i can make out the source of email bug and live feeds breakdown (as far as i can tell, i am not part of the MS support team) is Microsoft Account merging. If you happen to be on a Windows 8 device and you told it to merge your skype account while you were logged in on yuor regular skype username then this problem propagates to the ret of the phone, probably some sort of conflict with the user accounts and WP8 trying to make heads and tails of whats going on. This also seems to be the case for ANY accounts that your Microsoft account CAN merge with eg. Google, linked-in, Outlook, Twitter and Flickr etc (check on your MS account page and see what you have told it to merge with)

    My way of fixing it:-

    -Switch phone to Flight mode & TURN OFF wifi

    -Now uninstall Skype (and any apps that uses twitter or any other 'mergable' account)

    - Delete ALL accounts apart from your MS account (it wont let you delete it)

    - Facebook might give you problems deleting it saying 'attention required' if it does then reset your phone and try again it should eventually let you delete it.

    -Now you only have your MS account on there now reset your phone.

    -Once your phone is on switch on wifi and turn flight mode off.

    -Now on a computer or via the phones browser log on to your MS account and check that ALL your merged accounts are in order.

    -Now go to email and accounts and start adding them one by one (i did facebook first to make sure my feeds came back to life)

    -After you have add all your accounts check that your emails get synced. Test them by sending them emails and entering the client works properly.

    -Once that is shown to work install Skype and Twitter or whatever apps you used to use and MAKE SURE to log on with your MS ACC (skype gives you the option on the bottom do it)

    - Your phone should now be syncing and back to normal without the hassle of a hard reset.

    Give that a try and lets see if that works for the rest of you.
  15. moc426's Avatar
    Developer

    Posts
    221 Posts
    Global Posts
    229 Global Posts
       #40  
    I did merge my Skype account with Microsoft account on the phone. Its possible this is what created the problem. Others said uninstalling Skype fixed it.

    Quote Originally Posted by spliffmonkey187 View Post
    Ok so after some fiddling around i think i have found a way to get it all working again without the need for a hard reset.

    From what i can make out the source of email bug and live feeds breakdown (as far as i can tell, i am not part of the MS support team) is Microsoft Account merging. If you happen to be on a Windows 8 device and you told it to merge your skype account while you were logged in on yuor regular skype username then this problem propagates to the ret of the phone, probably some sort of conflict with the user accounts and WP8 trying to make heads and tails of whats going on. This also seems to be the case for ANY accounts that your Microsoft account CAN merge with eg. Google, linked-in, Outlook, Twitter and Flickr etc (check on your MS account page and see what you have told it to merge with)

    My way of fixing it:-

    -Switch phone to Flight mode & TURN OFF wifi

    -Now uninstall Skype (and any apps that uses twitter or any other 'mergable' account)

    - Delete ALL accounts apart from your MS account (it wont let you delete it)

    - Facebook might give you problems deleting it saying 'attention required' if it does then reset your phone and try again it should eventually let you delete it.

    -Now you only have your MS account on there now reset your phone.

    -Once your phone is on switch on wifi and turn flight mode off.

    -Now on a computer or via the phones browser log on to your MS account and check that ALL your merged accounts are in order.

    -Now go to email and accounts and start adding them one by one (i did facebook first to make sure my feeds came back to life)

    -After you have add all your accounts check that your emails get synced. Test them by sending them emails and entering the client works properly.

    -Once that is shown to work install Skype and Twitter or whatever apps you used to use and MAKE SURE to log on with your MS ACC (skype gives you the option on the bottom do it)

    - Your phone should now be syncing and back to normal without the hassle of a hard reset.

    Give that a try and lets see if that works for the rest of you.
    Apps:
    Weather Smiles - Weather Live tile with 2 locations 1 tile and a smilie :)
    My 500px / My 500px Free - 500px website viewer plus upload, account access and lockscreen wallpaper
  16. AneticsUK's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    10 Posts
    #41  
    Quote Originally Posted by brudolph1211 View Post
    Now I'm worried if i'm receiving txts and they aren't getting to my phone. Also in the messaging app under 'online' it said "set up a Microsoft account to chat on Messenger and Facebook". Um hello, I have a Microsoft and Facebook account setup.
    Seeing exactly the same issue here, the bad news is that YES your phone is receiving SMS messages, its just not telling you, nor giving you any means to view them

    The only way i've been able to get sms working is to turn off WiFi and data, the main issue appears to be that email accounts are getting stuck while synchronizing, while theyre stuck, nothing seems to work, not even the skydrive app (wont refresh)

    I'll be quite happy to hard reset my phone, but only once i know microsoft have fixed all at their end

    I Guess Microsoft just wasnt ready for the popularity of WP8, all good i guess haha
  17. Prost Nicolas's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    1 Posts
    #42  
    Looks like the solution is much more easier here:
    People Hub/Messaging Crashes after installing Skyp... - Skype Support Network

    For me everything is running fine now. No more crash and synchronization problem.
  18. #43  
    I got my Lumina 920 last night and i noticed the Syncing issue this Morning. Noticed my Hotmail kept trying to sync and crashing, also i could not make changes to my contacts and was getting notification when sms came in. But after i uninstalled skype and restarted the phone everything seems to be working for now
  19. nickpatel01's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    4 Posts
    #44  
    Does anyone know when this bug fix will be available?

    Also another bug is, I have few updates available in my app store but throws an error.

    Hopping Microsoft will fix the bug soon.
  20. James Peterson's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    1 Posts
    #45  
    I have the Lumia 920 and had the issue with syncing my Hotmail account.

    I unistalled the Skype APP and did a reset and the phone is working 100% again.

    I found that I had the issue when I started deleting duplicate contacts when all the apps with contancts merged. That probably triggered the issue.

    Thanks to the person who found the Skype unistall solution.

    Thanks,
    Jim
  21. STM 69's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    75 Posts
    #46  
    Every email I send with my Exchange account is sent as an .eml attachment, which creates issues for recipients. Oddly enough, emails sent with other accounts (gmail, etc.) are fine.Along with those stupid placeholders for images within messages, this is a dealbreaker. Can't have people unable to open emails sent for work. From what I see, people have been complaining about this since WP7- why can't they fix it? Of all the platforms to have issues with, I could see gmail, iCloud, etc.- but exchange?
  22. wizardblue's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    1 Posts
    #47  
    Looks like I also suffered the same Skype issue with my Nokia 920. Everything was OK for the first 2 days. I had Microsoft Account, Google, LinkedIN, Twitter, Facebook and Exchange all synching ok. Next morning the email app kept crashing upon loading an email. I believe the trigger point was perhaps my installing of Windows 8 on my desktop PC and me accepting the prompt to merge my Skype account. Following the advice here I had to perform a reset on my phone which then locked the phone and I had to perform a hard reboot (holding all 3 buttons). The cloud restore worked well accept for the home page tiles. Phone is all back working again BUT without Skype installed. Not sure Im brave enough to re-install Skype just yet in case I end up performing another reset.

    Wiz
    Last edited by wizardblue; 11-18-2012 at 12:07 PM.
  23. iamtim's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    1,525 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,716 Global Posts
    #48  
    This sounds similar to an issue I was having with my 920, which was one of the reasons I swapped it for an 8X. It happened about once a day, especially if I had WiFi on and there was no WiFi available; everything (my Exchange account, Twitter, Facebook) would be stuck syncing and I couldn't open websites in IE (it would be stuck loading), even though I had like... 4 bars of service.

    I didn't have any apps crash, though, nor did my phone need a system reset; I'd just power-cycle it and then it would all work properly again. I hadn't installed any apps, but I had uninstalled the Nokia Drive beta and configured all the battery-saving measures I could configure (NFC off, Bluetooth off, etc., etc., etc.)

    It's not doing it on my 8X, so... *I* think it's a WP8 on the 920 issue.
  24. OleWild's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    10 Posts
    #49  
    I've been battling this sync issue all morning. It just started this a.m. Uninstalled Skype and rebooted phone...everything is back to normal!
  25. Abe Vinjamuri's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    6 Posts
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    #50  
    I have a quick question regarding email - it was raised in thsi thread earlier (regarding downloading images) -

    Till yesterday all emails which had images (with links on them like Groupon) would not show images and I'd manually download them. and i could click on links I wanted and go to the website on the browser. Now all the emails are plain text (as in you see a "click here" but you can't click on it - no embedded link. Why is this happening and how do I fix it back to the way it was?

    Thank you all for your help.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions