Is there a way to have one-touch calling for contacts ? As I know currently we have to go to the contacts list, click into the profile, and click call mobile...which is one step more than I think should exist.

I never noticed this until recently, but this seems to be a missing feature. We can't even pin direct phone calls to the start screen (or can we?)
    11-12-2012 11:19 PM
    I just tap and hold on the Windows button the say "Call Person Name". Microsoft wants you to use Voice command. It really works well.
    11-12-2012 11:27 PM
    Not only that, you can say call mobile, or, call office etc. Text a name works too, as does dial 1112223333 as a voice command.
    11-12-2012 11:41 PM
    You can also use TellMe to setup Speed Dial
    11-13-2012 06:21 PM
    Having voice options is nice but like the OP, I would like a single tap approach to initiate a phone call. (and to be clear, a single tap only. Not single tap plus talking to the phone.). Is there a way to do it? I never found a way on my Trophy but maybe 8 has something.
    11-13-2012 06:30 PM
    You can pin a contact, that's as close as you can get I believe. Or, never remove the calls from call history and touch the phone icon next to the name. But two presses seems to be the minimum, or, press/hold call.
    11-13-2012 07:46 PM
    One tap/touch? Ya lazy bums. ;) But, seriously. As mjrtoo says... two taps is as close as you get using a pinned contact.

Most of my calls are made from call history so this has never really been an issue. And, I don't really think about it when calling someone from the People Hub.
    11-13-2012 11:46 PM
    Here's another option

Install the Wiztiles app.

You can create custom tiles and assign a number of tasks to the tile. You can have a tile just for calling a contact. The phone then prompts "Dial NAME at NUMBER? call...don't call", still making this option a two touch process. But composing an SMS with this app, on the other hand, is one touch.
    04-26-2013 11:24 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD