ActiveSync EAS wont sync with error 85010013 with WP8

tk-093

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
We are just getting ActiveSync EX2010 setup and configured so I am still learning, but I do know that Exchange 2010 allows for multiple policies. I think you can do things based on device model, or "class." So maybe it's possible that if a device shows up as WP8 you can have a different policy with that SD card turned off? Again, just started playing with it so i don't know all the details.

Cordanim

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
Sorry to rehash an older topic, but now that the Samsung ATIV S is out (and is the only WP8 device *with* an expandable storage card slot), could this be causing issues at a company where Nokia 920 users are syncing with EAS no problem, but I'm not on my ATIV S? The reason I chose the Samsung is simply due to the expandable storage!

tk-093

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
Sorry to rehash an older topic, but now that the Samsung ATIV S is out (and is the only WP8 device *with* an expandable storage card slot), could this be causing issues at a company where Nokia 920 users are syncing with EAS no problem, but I'm not on my ATIV S? The reason I chose the Samsung is simply due to the expandable storage!

FYI: HTC 8S, Nokia 810, 820, 822 all have expandable cards. The problem is that WP8 simply does not support the encrypted SD card policy regardless if the device has a card or not.

Cordanim

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
Well looks like that wasn't it for me anyway...here's what our EAS policies are like...they have device and storage card encryption turned off. The more I talk to them, though, the more I think it's something with my actual account...the errors I'm getting are as if my account info (username/ password) is wrong...but they aren't - I can log into our OWA no problem (which is the same address)!

Getting so frustrated...anyone seeing anything in those policies that would be causing my non-syncing issues? My personal email accounts both work beautifully (Rogers and Gmail) :(

policy.jpg

bfdez

May 2, 2013
Visit site
I was also receiving error code 85010013. After some investigative work I found a solution.
Here is how I managed to sync a Nokia Lumia 920 Windows Phone 8 device to an Exchange Server 2007:
1.- Install a Trusted Cerificate (mine is a self-issued one) into your phone. I installed it by copying it from my PC into my Skydrive and then downloading into the Documents Folder of my phone.
2.- Ask your Exchange Administrator to do the following: At the Exchange Server Management Console, access Microsoft Exchange/Organization Configuration/Client Access. You will find an Exchange ActiveSync Mailbox Policies list. One of them is named "Windows SBS Mobile Mailbox Policy (ServerName)" At General Tab, check at the Allow non-provisionable devices box. Also check if you want to allow attachements to be downloaded to device.
3.- Set your phone to sync to exchange by accessing Mailbox setting, adding your exchange account information trhough the Advanced option. Note: do not set a password to unlock your phone before setting your exchange account. If you did so, erase this account information, deactivate the screen unlock password and set your exchange account at your phone again.

I wonder why it is so criptic to get this done.

Good luck!

rkgriffin

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
Bfdez,

if you had your administrator check the allow non provisional devices that basically bypasses all the policies set. Most Exchange administrators would never do this.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bradhism