Where's the keyboard button for speech to text?

vedichymn

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
Apps that support speech to text in a field will have the microphone button down on the bottom.

You can also hold down the Windows key until the speech prompt appears for other operations.

mdameron

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
If you're coming from an iphone w/ siri, you're going to be very disappointed by voice in WP8. I have read nothing on improvements to voice in WP8 over WP7, other than "Note", which lets you write a note in onenote.

You can search, call, text (one sentence), create note, or open an app. As far as voice dictation for every single text box you come across? Nope.

Mrkdilkington

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
If you're coming from an iphone w/ siri, you're going to be very disappointed by voice in WP8. I have read nothing on improvements to voice in WP8 over WP7, other than "Note", which lets you write a note in onenote.

You can search, call, text (one sentence), create note, or open an app. As far as voice dictation for every single text box you come across? Nope.
No, not like Siri, I'm coming from android. I'm talking about something like the Nuance button in Swype.

ImmortalWarrior

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site

You can now dictate more than one sentence in SMS. I did it today. Just press the mic prompt once, say your line then do it again

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes