I can't make up my mind!

iamtim

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Had a 920. It had some issues but I dug it. Swapped it for an 8X. It's got some issues but I dig it. One day I'm totally content to stick with my 8X, the next I want to swap back to a 920. And then there's the 820, which has some cool features too, and captures my attention as well.

What to do, WHAT TO DO!?

cp2_4eva

Mar 19, 2012
Visit site
We have the same predicament my friend. My 920 is in the box right now. I like the ease of size the 8x has and the battery life is better. If the 920 with a bit smaller (not lighter) and had better battery life then I would purely stick with the 920, but it doesn't so I am at odds and probably will stick with the 8x. It's not that inferior to the 920, but the lovely build and size of the 8x won me over.

fwaits

Mar 9, 2008
Visit site
For me the battery life took about a week (maybe 5 days or so, with a couple really letting it drain to 0 then full charge) on my 920 before it got really good. It has been great since a couple 0 to 100 full charges.

iamtim

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I'm in a "I would go for 920" mood today, for whatever that's worth. That said - and I'll probably jinx myself by saying this - but I feel like I have one of the only non-rebooting 8Xs, and I'd hate to give that up. My 8X works perfectly and right now... I don't think anyone can guarantee that a 920 - or even another 8X - could make the same claim. :D

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
As I said, even if your 920 comes with 99 problems, their customer service is SO good, that an update or two will fix those stuff. If you can live with that, 8x needs a return ;)

In case 8x starts rebooting now that you've jinxed it, I am not sure how long before HTC will make 8X2 to fix that issue so that you can buy it :p (true story, Titan owner!)

gsquared

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
Gonna have to flip a coin and stick with it. Do 2 out of 3 if you wish. Point is, whoevers decision it ultimately is (yours, the coins, God)... stick with it and be happy about it.

Ebaneeezor

Jun 14, 2012
Visit site
Nokia support, Nokia Maps, Nokia apps, PureView, Nokia reputation settled this debate for me. worst case scenario is I get a bad phone or bad something and Nokia fixs it - HTC is notorius for little to know support. imo

iamtim

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I have made my final decision. :)

So tonight, right after work, I went my local AT&T store (La Habra, CA... the best AT&T store EVAR... talk to Wells if you go) to review my options. I had my 8X in my hand... a great phone, kinda shy on storage, sucky buttons (my ham hock fingers couldn't find the power button consistently, and because of the way I hold the phone the volume was ever changing). I compared it against the 920... a great phone, but it's bigger than I would prefer and I'm a little gunshy of it because of the issues with the one I had. And then, right next to it, was the 820... a great phone, kinda shy on the screen, but has a removable cover, battery, and microSD card.

After much deliberation, I opted for the 820. Here are my reasons: internally, it's the same as the 920. I'm getting older and my eyes are going (I'm a developer and so I stare at a screen all day) and I couldn't really notice an appreciable difference between the 820 and 920 screen. It feels... AWESOME in my hand; solid and perfect sized with easily manipulated yet not in the way buttons. AND it has a microSD slot for media content (yeah, yeah, all my apps have to fit in 8gb of internal storage minus what's taken up by system stuff, but that'll be fine for me).

I can honestly say that for me, I've made the right choice. I get all the cool Nokia stuff in a package that suits me better than the 920. And... I know this is my final choice, because (according to my rep) AT&T only allows 1 phone exchange for a different model on a contract renewal and this is my 2nd. My rep did me a solid because I brought both my dad and brother in for phones this last week, and he knows my original 920 was problem-laden.

So. There we go. An 820, and I'm happy. :)

cp2_4eva

Mar 19, 2012
Visit site
Checking back in. As much as I loved the way the 8x felt and liked the sound, I ended up settling on the 920. The camera quality with videos on the front and rear side were very different. Recording a self video on the front cam was horrid on the 8x sorry to say. I'll miss that phone, but the 920 just has more of "it" you know.
Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Board Express

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bentecdigital