Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 22 of 22
Like Tree20Likes
  • 2 Post By tarzanmarzan
  • 1 Post By jsk0703
  • 2 Post By jsk0703
  • 1 Post By WillBrown
  • 2 Post By rwburnham
  • 2 Post By iamtim
  • 2 Post By JacksonSQD
  • 1 Post By bovcrx
  • 1 Post By vedichymn
  • 2 Post By spyderzWPC
  • 2 Post By iamtim
  • 1 Post By Johnny Tremaine
  • 1 Post By Greywolf1967
  1. Matthew49's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    3 Posts
       #1  
    I bought an HTC 8x and although I have Windows 8 and the sync software works fine, I would like to also use the desktop Zune software. The reason is that Zune allows you to add podcasts whereas the Metro app does not. Zune doesn't recognize my 8x, am I doing something wrong or what is the deal here?
  2. tarzanmarzan's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    99 Posts
    #2  
    Unfortunately, Zune does not work with Windows Phone 8. People have said you could use windows media player or the proprietary software to drag and drop files. That being said, I'm not sure if podcasts can be synced right now. Someone more knowledgeable will know. Hopefully they support the feature soon with a software update.

    To be honest, I loved syncing with Zune. It was so much easier and streamlined
  3. Matthew49's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    3 Posts
       #3  
    I don't even care about syncing, but it is not possible to add a podcast by RSS url via the phone app, and Zune was the way you could do that. Now I'm going to miss out on some podcasts that aren't in the directory.
  4. jsk0703's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    111 Posts
    #4  
    I agree. I've been a Zune subscriber since launch. I'm sticking with my Zune 120 until they get this sorted out.

    FWIW, here is a good thread that's tracking known issues with WP8 and the new music service. Master List Of Issues With XBox Music On WP8 - Microsoft Community
    Thanked by:
    Kevin Rush likes this.
  5. JGC843's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    6 Posts
    #5  
    Wow. Wish I had read this 10 minutes ago... So you can't download music with Zune pass on WP8?
  6. MaulerX's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    224 Posts
    #6  
    What I miss the most about the Zune software is that it allowed you to add (up to 3) devices to your account.

    For example, I had my wifes WP as a device, and even though she could not directly download music to her phone, she could have synced all my subscription music with Zune. And because it was a device authorized in my account, she could have listened to all the synced subscription music.
  7. jsk0703's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    111 Posts
    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by MaulerX View Post
    What I miss the most about the Zune software is that it allowed you to add (up to 3) devices to your account.

    For example, I had my wifes WP as a device, and even though she could not directly download music to her phone, she could have synced all my subscription music with Zune. And because it was a device authorized in my account, she could have listened to all the synced subscription music.
    I agree. My wife and I had the exact same arrangement and it worked well. Now I'm hoping for a family Xbox music pass similar to what they do for Xbox Live.
  8. WillBrown's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    18 Posts
    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by JGC843 View Post
    Wow. Wish I had read this 10 minutes ago... So you can't download music with Zune pass on WP8?
    You can download music using XBox Music Pass which is the rebranded name of the Zune pass. A lot of the music that you previously downloaded from Zune will not play on your WP8.
  9. rwburnham's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    2 Posts
    #9  
    This is exactly why I am going to hold off on getting WP8. Abandoning the Zune software is a terrible move. They could have at least rebranded the software and retained functionality. Or give us something that has the same functionality. Their current methods of managing media in WP8 are not sufficient.
  10. iamtim's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    1,426 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,606 Global Posts
    #10  
    ...I specifically downloaded, installed, tested, and used the Zune software on my Windows 8 laptop. Who said it's not compatible with Windows 8?
  11. JacksonSQD's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    50 Posts
    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by iamtim View Post
    ...I specifically downloaded, installed, tested, and used the Zune software on my Windows 8 laptop. Who said it's not compatible with Windows 8?
    Ahem. Zune software with Windows Phone 8
  12. bovcrx's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    33 Posts
    Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    #12  
    May I suggest using Spotify? 10 bucks a month and it's unlimited. Stream or download to phone for offline use. I used it on 7.5 but dont know if it's made its way to 8.

    Sent from my Note II with a WP8 theme
  13. vedichymn's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    334 Posts
    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by bovcrx View Post
    May I suggest using Spotify? 10 bucks a month and it's unlimited. Stream or download to phone for offline use. I used it on 7.5 but dont know if it's made its way to 8.

    Sent from my Note II with a WP8 theme
    Nope, doesn't exist on WP8 yet. :(
  14. spyderzWPC's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    214 Posts
    #14  
    I have been using windows media player to move my playlists, I know nokia released a podgrabber app, I am sure there are others out there
  15. iamtim's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    1,426 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,606 Global Posts
    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by JacksonSQD View Post
    Ahem. Zune software with Windows Phone 8
    Oh. Yeah, well, I see that NOW.

    /slinks off into a corner
  16. Johnny Tremaine's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    63 Posts
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by vedichymn View Post
    Nope, doesn't exist on WP8 yet. :(
    Whatever happened to that whole 'all WP7 apps will work on WP8' meme?
  17. Swamitra Singh's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    2 Posts
    #17  
  18. Kevin Rush's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    359 Posts
    #18  
    Hello, I urge everyone to research the topics mentioned in this forum, further. There is misinformation in the posts above. For instance:

    "ZUNE (now Xbox) Music Pass" DOES work on my Verizon Lumia 822. The features, in my opinion, are better and more, and less money than Spotfy.

    Podcasts DO Work on my phone using the built in "Xbox (formally ZUNE) Music + Video" app. I can search, download, subscribe and listen, to podcasts that I download, stream, and that download automatically as a result of subscribing.

    Yes, the great and wonderful ZUNE PC software is still amazing and works on Windows 8.1 PCs and Tablet PCs (on the desktop).

    There is some sort of syncing, that I haven't figured out yet, but play lists created on my phone show up on my Xbox 360 counsel along with the songs? I need to check this further? I know that a video I purchased on my Xbox 360 counsel, now shows on my phone, and I have watched it?

    I wish Microsoft would fix the ZUNE PC software to Windows Phone 8 Syncing!

    Best Wishes, No Worries.
  19. neo158's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    1,659 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,745 Global Posts
    #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Rush View Post
    Hello, I urge everyone to research the topics mentioned in this forum, further. There is misinformation in the posts above. For instance:

    "ZUNE (now Xbox) Music Pass" DOES work on my Verizon Lumia 822. The features, in my opinion, are better and more, and less money than Spotfy.

    Podcasts DO Work on my phone using the built in "Xbox (formally ZUNE) Music + Video" app. I can search, download, subscribe and listen, to podcasts that I download, stream, and that download automatically as a result of subscribing.

    Yes, the great and wonderful ZUNE PC software is still amazing and works on Windows 8.1 PCs and Tablet PCs (on the desktop).

    There is some sort of syncing, that I haven't figured out yet, but play lists created on my phone show up on my Xbox 360 counsel along with the songs? I need to check this further? I know that a video I purchased on my Xbox 360 counsel, now shows on my phone, and I have watched it?

    I wish Microsoft would fix the ZUNE PC software to Windows Phone 8 Syncing!

    Best Wishes, No Worries.
    Which country do you live in, here in the UK we don't have podcasts as an option!!
    There is no "best smartphone", just the one that's best for you.

    BBM: 7D2C190F
  20. #20  
    I really don't suggest to use the metro app, it is very limited. I suggest to download the windows phone for desktop application, as it is a lot better than the metro one. Not as good as Zune, but better than the metro one.
    Thanked by:
  21. Kevin Rush's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    359 Posts
    #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by neo158 View Post
    Which country do you live in, here in the UK we don't have podcasts as an option!!
    I'm in Minneapolis, Minnesota USA. Oh, sorry to hear that podcasts aren't an option in the UK. I wonder why?
  22. Greywolf1967's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    189 Posts
    #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by neo158 View Post
    Which country do you live in, here in the UK we don't have podcasts as an option!!
    Would something like this help?

    Carboncast for WP8

    From the video I guess podcast is not supported in Australia either. Which is weird as I am in Canada and the support is built in. I would have figured all the Commonwealth would be the same


    I Love my Windows Phone !!!
    Surface RT and Acer W3 !!
    Laura Knotek likes this.

Similar Threads

  1. Headphones that are compatible with Windows Phone? (Help!)
    By thaman04 in forum Windows Phone Accessories
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 02-15-2014, 06:07 PM
  2. Will a Windows Live ID that is associated with Window Phone 7, will it ever expire?
    By Donta79 in forum General Microsoft News and Discussion
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-19-2011, 12:57 AM
  3. My first 24 hours with Windows Phone 7
    By grandebob#WP in forum Windows Phone 7
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 12-09-2010, 09:09 AM
  4. My first 10 days with Windows Phone 7
    By StrykerSX in forum Windows Phone 7
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-19-2010, 07:00 AM
  5. Zune Pass on Windows Phone??
    By jonharrell in forum Zune
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 11-13-2010, 07:27 PM

Posting Permissions