Die hard Android user to WP8

tcman88

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
So I worked for VZW marketing department. I was able to convince one of my directors to try out the new windows phones (HTC 8x). He is android fan and I was very surprised to get an email from him this morning letting me know how great his new HTC 8X is and he is planning to keep the phone, However there are several basic features that are very important to him and that are missing in WP8 so I thought I get a little help and see if anyone knows a substitute. So on the Phone dialing app, there is no universal search to look up contact list or recent calls like in blackberry and droid, is there any alternative to that. Is there an app to substitute Google voice and to upload YouTube videos?
Suggestions are welcome :)

snaqvi91

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
Metro talk for Google voice and metro tube for YouTube. And yes radio dialer is terrific.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

smurfercom

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
So I worked for VZW marketing department. I was able to convince one of my directors to try out the new windows phones (HTC 8x). He is android fan and I was very surprised to get an email from him this morning letting me know how great his new HTC 8X is and he is planning to keep the phone, However there are several basic features that are very important to him and that are missing in WP8 so I thought I get a little help and see if anyone knows a substitute. So on the Phone dialing app, there is no universal search to look up contact list or recent calls like in blackberry and droid, is there any alternative to that. Is there an app to substitute Google voice and to upload YouTube videos?
Suggestions are welcome :)

If I launch the phone app on my 810 I get the history of recent calls if I tap the search glass it will bring up search and keypad for the phone book.

ksj1

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
If I launch the phone app on my 810 I get the history of recent calls if I tap the search glass it will bring up search and keypad for the phone book.

Correct. There is also the people button just to the left of the search glass (within the phone app) that brings up the people in your address book directly.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon