Location services running every time I unlock my phone

UnfixedPyle

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I have a Lumia 920 on AT&T and every time I unlock the phone, the little icon for location services pops up. This just started today (or I hadn't noticed it before). As far as I can tell, I don't have anything installed that is running in the background looking for location. I have uninstalled a few apps that I thought were the culprit, but that has not stopped it. I wouldn't think that the phone would need the location every time it is unlocked. Any tips are appreciated.
thanks

UnfixedPyle

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Update, I still haven't figured this out, but my wife's 820 does not do it so I'm not just crazy. I have checked every app that I have installed and turned off all of the location services except on the maps and Nokia Drive, which is blocked from running in the background. The phone still runs location services every time I unlock the phone. I have also tried soft reset of the phone. Is anyone else seeing something like this?

UnfixedPyle

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Ok, for anyone that might be trying to figure this out, I just did (I think) It happens if I turn on "suggestions" in the search settings. Don't ask me why that always needs my location, but once that was turned off it stopped. Just for grins, I turned suggestions back on and sure enough, location gets accessed every time I unlock the phone. Seems like a big battery waste to update your location every time you unlock the phone.

princy1989

Aug 6, 2016
Visit site
Don't know the reason for this but I have a solution.. follow the below
Setting...Apps...running apps.... you will see location services app clear the data, force stop and click on disable..
After this you won't see the location service icon any more...

Try and let me know if it works for u too..

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon