TapaTalk

djncanada1

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
Hi,

I hope this is right area for this post.

I have recently purchased a Lumia 920, I also have a Galaxy sIII. There are some apps I would like to find or get an update from the WP Central community if anyone has insight into apps that will perform same functions:

WhatsApp (I have app on android, would like on WP8), does anyone know if developer is working on versin for Windows Phone 8?

VOIP/SIP based app, I have Bria 3 for Android from Counterpath, works well, any SIP apps being developed?

TapaTalk, developer has app for Android and IOS, would be nice to manage forum content from app like Tapatalk, any suggestions?

Podcasts, any suggestions, would like to listen to some of the members of Mobile Nation via my phone, can on Android with DogCatcher?

Advise would be appreciated.

Dave:confused:

Mafiatounes

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
Whatsapp devs are working on WP8 version, when it will be released is still not known yet.

Board express is a Tapatalk like app for Wp.

Podcaster is a known Android/Wp app for podcasts.

Verstuurd van mijn Nexus 7 met Tapatalk

philpeeps

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
Board Express is not a sufficient substitute for Tapatalk, IMO. Other companies rely on Tapatalk's official apps to have Tapatalk re-skin it and make a customized forum app for companies, organizations, etc. For my interest, the Autoguide forums network has a Tapatalk based app that allows access, using Tapatalk's official app as the back-end, to Autoguide's network of forums as a separate app. Without an official Tapatalk app, there is no Autoguide app...

I have already made requests on Tapatalks forums...not sure if they are working one one though.

inteller

Banned
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
no Autoguide is a completely different plugin and does not rely on Tapatalk. If you talk to any autoguide site admin they will regularly bash Tapatalk and talk about how insecure it is to justify the reasoning behind their proprietary app.

philpeeps

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
no Autoguide is a completely different plugin and does not rely on Tapatalk. If you talk to any autoguide site admin they will regularly bash Tapatalk and talk about how insecure it is to justify the reasoning behind their proprietary app.
Oh yeah?

Tapatalk for Windows Phone... | Tapatalk Support

I recently inquired to my favorite forum (jeeppatriot.com) about them writing an AutoGuide app for Windows Phones. They have an AutoGuide app for iphone and android, but currently don't offer it for Windows Phone. The reply I got from them was that their Mobile App is based on the Tapatalk platform, and whenever Tapatalk supports Windows Phones, their AutoGuide app for Windows Phones shouldn't be too far behind.

http://tapatalk.com/about.php

Lin
iOS Engineering
Lin is our lead iOS developer over-looking multiple Tapatalk and partner's products including Tapatalk HD for iPad, ProBoards for iOS, Autoguide.com for iOS, and many other branded applications.

inteller

Banned
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Let me say again, autoguide is not tapatalk. Tapatalk may be the hired gun developer that made the autoguide app and plugin, but as ypu have already noticed, tapatalk clients can not talk to autoguide forums.
Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

philpeeps

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
Let me say again, autoguide is not tapatalk. Tapatalk may be the hired gun developer that made the autoguide app and plugin, but as ypu have already noticed, tapatalk clients can not talk to autoguide forums.
Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express
I never said it could communicate with them. That is why it needs a separate app. I use the app, I use the forums. Autoguide app updates follow closely after Tapatalk updates for a reason. Without a Tapatalk official app, there CAN'T BE an Autoguide app since the Autoguide app is just a customized Tapatalk app.

djncanada1

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
Hi Everone,

Thank You for the feedback.

Whatsapp

I will wait for Whatsapp, I will use on Android until I Whatsapp on Windows 8 is out.

VOIP/SIP

There are some apps that make calls, however, I can find any apps the allow someone the ability to setup a SIP based account.

Bria from Counterpath is a big one, 3CX is another, it be nice to have app that allows SIP based accounts to be used.

It would also be nice if Vonage added Windows Phone 8 to their list of supported mobile platforms, their Android app is awesome.

Forums

I have installed Board Express, it is limited, for example, WP Central can not be found in Board Express. I will check the other one out as well.

Podcasts

I will check out the recommended app, I think Padcaster.

A couple of others to add, Dropbox? is it coming?

Flipboard
Text+
Ziplist - really good grocery list, have it one Android, IOS and web

The last one is ability to play FLAC files, any suggestions for app that will do this???

Thanx

Dave

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon