Slight stutter or lag

DAIMONDY

Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
Hi, ive had my lumia 920 for about 2 weeks now and i love it. Battery is excellent, can push 2 days with average use. no crashes or big issues like ive been reading about. Only issue with mine is the dust behind the ffc but in not too bothered about that as i know how to remove it. Not bothered about replacing it as i could end up with more issues.

Anyway, the reason im posting is i notice a very very slight stutter or lag when using the phone. You know when you press a tile and it swings to the left i notice it mainly then it sort of stops half way for a split second then carrys on.

Just wanted to know if anyone else notices this? Im sure my htc hd7 did it before its first major update then it went super fast.

Any ideas when the first update will come for the 920?

Is there a performance test i can do to compare it to others??

Thanks for any replies :)

Btw, wpcentral app is awesome!

shinygerbil

Aug 21, 2012
Visit site
I get that on my 8X if I unlock the screen and then very quickly tap on an app, for example the People hub.

I would assume it's just a minor performance issue which will hopefully be fixed. I've not seen any other complaints about it, so either people aren't noticing or it's only affecting a handful of people. Pretty sure I'm on an early(ish) OS version and there have been updates since - see the 8S I believe - so once those tiny little fixes reach critical mass I'm sure they'll get rolled out to the rest of us.

I'm seeing tiny, barely noticeable performance issues a lot; it really feels like WP8 could have done with just a month more in the oven before consuming. ;)

anon(5332385)

Nov 13, 2011
Visit site
I'm getting this issue as well. In particular, the messaging tile stutters when I tap on it. It's frustrating because that's one of the main reasons why I went with WP over android: the lack of stuttering. But it IS and it's bugging me.

On my Lumia 920, which I got a few days ago.

DAIMONDY

Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
Ive just given my "feedback to Nokia" in the settings about the performance issues. If you guys do the same maybe one of us will have a reply of some sort :).

Worth a try.

DAIMONDY

Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
Yea i get that too. That's where it lags worse for me. Im hoping that when we get future updates for wp8 (like mango for wp7) the lag/slowdown will stop!

Is there any news on when the wp8 update will happen?

abhishek8605

Aug 16, 2012
Visit site
I have the same issue, I noticed when scrolling while touching the screen continuously i get slight lag, but if i just slide scroll it's very smooth. Not sure why that is, but it's very minimal that right now I don't want to get it replaced. I'm hoping it gets solved.

bagfatnick

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
I have the same issue, I noticed when scrolling while touching the screen continuously i get slight lag, but if i just slide scroll it's very smooth. Not sure why that is, but it's very minimal that right now I don't want to get it replaced. I'm hoping it gets solved.

I have the EXACT same problem and it has been driving me nuts in the past few days. been googling and scouring forums for answers... Really annoys me especially when i read long articles on the phone. I've tried uninstalling apps and resetting the phone but nothing seems to work :(

Sep 25, 2011
Visit site
I'm getting this issue as well. In particular, the messaging tile stutters when I tap on it. It's frustrating because that's one of the main reasons why I went with WP over android: the lack of stuttering. But it IS and it's bugging me.

On my Lumia 920, which I got a few days ago.
That's EXACTLY the case with me. The lag is when I click the messaging tile.

r_garciab

Aug 15, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys. Sorry to be late, but I just got my Lumia 1020 (had a Lumia 900), and the tile stutter is killing me. I paid a lot for this phone (I'm in Latin America) and never thought that a hi end device would have this issue. I'm running GDR 3 with the Black update but I get stutter specially with the Messaging tile and with Mail and Me. This tends to happen when the phone has been inactive. Is it my cell or is it just WP8? I never had this issue with WP 7.5/7.8, even after 18 months of using my old Lumia.

Thanks for any replies.

WP Central is great!

r_garciab

Aug 15, 2013
Visit site
Oh, and by the way, this stutters happens almost always in the camera menu. I guess we're not alone, but this thread started in 2012 and we're in 2014 now. Is it just WP8?

Thanks!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs