Small email tiles

tk-093

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
Greetings,

Not sure if this will be helpful to anybody or not, but something has bugged me for a little bit and I came up with a work around.

I have two main email accounts I use on my 822... a Live account and my corporate account. When I add them to the phone they each have the same icon. When they are medium size, the icon has the label. When they are small, there is no label. I do not link them because when they are linked, you really can't tell which ones are coming from what account. If they were color coded then maybe that would work....

Anyway, the other problem is on the lock screen since they share the same icon so when i check the lock screen I can't see what account the new mail is actually from, so I might now want to bother with entering my PIN code and unlocking the phone...

So I took an email account i no longer use, added it to the phone, but stuck it to manual sync and left contacts and calendar unchecked and then linked that inbox with my personal one. BAM, the icon changes and now I can tell them apart..

Lame, I know, but for me it helps. :)

tk-093

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
You can rename your email accounts on the phone. My work is called "Work Email" and my regular is named "Live Mail"

Yep, I know that, but the small tile shows no text, so that's no help. Also the lock screen just shows the icon so when you wake up your phone, you just see the icon displayed.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes