12-12-2012, 11:36 AM #1
- 75 Posts
- 0 Post(s)
- 0 Thread(s)
I spent a good amount of time trying to sync my gmail contacts birthday calendar with Windows Phone.
The reason that I'm still using gmail account for all my contacts is that Hotmail (Outlook) doesn't allow to insert a picture for the contacts that don't have a Microsoft Account picture. So
Here is a trick that works:
1) Send yourself or type in the Windows Phone browser the following link:
2) Open this link in your Window Phone
3) Sign-In with your Google account
4) Select appropriate device
5) Check your Shared Calendar
No other ways seems to work at this time.
I hope this will help other people and novices who has recently switched from other platforms and experiencing a hard time to set it up.
- 12-12-2012, 11:52 AM #2
The fact that I can't simply add a picture to my Live/Outlook contacts is so annoying. You can do it via the phone, however they don't show up online so if I wipe my device I don't know if they will actually come back or not... I should try it, but I don't wanna.. :)
- 12-12-2012, 12:14 PM #3
Holy smokes, it looks like it IS saving my Live pictures.
I have a Live account with no picture. On my WP8 device I manually set a picture for that contact. It never, ever shows up on my live.com outlook.com contact list.
However, I just checked my iPad and it indeed shows up in that contact list! So that's sweet.
- 05-31-2013, 12:57 PM #4
I went through this and I do not see the google birthday calendar show up in the list of calendars.
I had this working in the past, but i got a new HTC 8X and have not been able to get the birthday calendar to show up.
any help here?
- 05-31-2013, 01:16 PM #5
Well I solved it - I went into the Google Account Settings and unchecked the calendar for Syncing. I let that sync and then went back to check Calendar for syncing. Now it shows up.
Hopefully this helps others.
- 11-11-2013, 08:43 PM #6
how did you discover or come across that link? i searched up and down but i could not find any relevant or straight forward information from google or the web. only found broken down solutions from the google product forums. more importantly, i found the link here at wpcentral forums before i noticed it at gpf.
Last edited by mkrenegades; 11-11-2013 at 09:00 PM.
- By ctt1wbw in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 7Last Post: 08-07-2013, 12:57 PM
- By petroll in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 5Last Post: 04-10-2012, 03:30 PM
- By cp2_4eva in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 2Last Post: 04-03-2012, 08:40 PM
- By mhedgpeth in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 9Last Post: 11-30-2011, 06:57 PM
- By jester0110 in forum HTC TrophyReplies: 17Last Post: 06-22-2011, 10:47 AM