Enabled bluetooth audio, but not voice on a BT adapter?

TheAccuser

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
My car has BT voice, but not audio, so I picked up a BT unit that supports BT audio. The only problem is that it supports voice as well, so when I get in my car, it connects to the new BT device for both audio and voice. I have to open up my BT devices on my HTC 8x and tap my car BT and then it connects to the voice in the car as well as keeping the BT audio connection to my new device that is plugged into the AUX port on my radio.

Does anyone know of a way to disable the voice on the BT connection to this new device I got that does audio and voice?

Yogi76

Aug 12, 2011
Visit site
I'm in the same boat. I purchased a Griffin BlueTrip to do A2DP Bluetooth music streaming since my vehicle only does Bluetooth handsfree calling. My wife's Android and a friend's iPhone can both select which profiles to use for a Bluetooth device, so they can choose to stream music to the BlueTrip and calling to the vehicle. Unfortunately, Windows Phone doesn't appear to support this, yet. I did manage to get my Lumia 920 to stream separately, they way I want, by pairing the vehicle after pairing the BlueTrip, but it was only temporary. As soon as I restarted the vehicle, the Lumia went back to connecting with the BlueTrip for both. It appears this is because the BlueTrip boots up faster than the vehicle's Bluetooth so the Lumia sees the BlueTrip first. Luckily, the BlueTrip does an adequate job of handsfree calling, so I'm okay for now. However, when compared, I've had callers tell me the vehicle handsfree is slightly clearer, so I hope Windows Phone adds the ability to select Bluetooth profiles per device.

vedichymn

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
Yeah, sorry, you're out of luck on this. :(

Probably worth bugging Microsoft about, maybe it'll get added the feature mountain and looked at from there.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon