ME live tile not showing notifications on tile

cuzincurly

Dec 28, 2012
Visit site
Hello there,

I just got my new Lumia 920 less than a week ago and I am loving it coming from android (hate the android and OS keyboards.

The live tiles are brilliant, however, the ME tile seems to be acting up, sometimes notifications can be seen on the live tile, sometimes, not. I'd just be surprised to see I have new notifications already. Can anyone help me? I already restored my phone and delete-resynced my facebook and twitter accounts, to no avail :(

Cerif27

Dec 13, 2012
Visit site
I haven't been able to get anything at all to update its live tile for that last week or more. Possibly since portico but I can't be sure. Amazing weather HD, WP Central app, AP app, Me tile. That's all I have that updates, but none of them are updating. AP, WP Central and Amazing are updating after I open the app but they absolutely will not update themselves. No they aren't being blocked on my block list. I have tried killing ie history. I have tried hard resets. Uninstalling and reinstalling. Every variation in between. What the heck is going on?

Dadstar0410

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
I haven't been able to get anything at all to update its live tile for that last week or more. Possibly since portico but I can't be sure. Amazing weather HD, WP Central app, AP app, Me tile. That's all I have that updates, but none of them are updating. AP, WP Central and Amazing are updating after I open the app but they absolutely will not update themselves. No they aren't being blocked on my block list. I have tried killing ie history. I have tried hard resets. Uninstalling and reinstalling. Every variation in between. What the heck is going on?

Try resizing it to the 1x1 tile, then resize it to the desired size. That resets the Live Tile for that app (of you didn't know, only the 2x2 and 2x4 tiles update with notifications. The 1x1 tile does not).

Mio_Ray

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site
But it does show numbers of notifications. I have it as 1x1 and get the numbers of notifications, just not text or flip.

It also acts up on my end, but a reboot usually helps.
Sent from my Lumia 920 using Board Express

Cerif27

Dec 13, 2012
Visit site
I'll try that but I'm not excited about it working. I would think pinning and unpinning would reset the tile too. That didn't work when I tried it. I'll get back to you after I finish streaming this episode.

Cerif27

Dec 13, 2012
Visit site
I'll try that but I'm not excited about it working. I would think pinning and unpinning would reset the tile too. That didn't work when I tried it. I'll get back to you after I finish streaming this episode.

Nope . Didn't work. I'm at a complete loss. I swear if I have to completely reset the data on this thing one more freaking time in going to really start to lose faith in the platform.

cuzincurly

Dec 28, 2012
Visit site
partially solved mine already, apparently wifi shuts off when the phone is locked so I turned by phone's data plan on to allow it to receive data while on sleep. However, a couple of times, notifications are still delayed (I think maybe because of the internet speed)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon