Get ready for beta!

Halo Wars 2 Blitz: Game modes, beginner's tips, and more

One Windows

Microsoft is building a new Windows 10 Shell for PC, Mobile and Xbox

On the Inside

Everything you need to know about the Xbox Insider Program

Beautiful compromises

Surface Studio review: you'll want one, even if you don't need one

3-in-1

Is this the Surface Phone? Microsoft awarded patents for foldable devices

Windows Central Offers

MCSE Certification bundle is just $39

Even more improvements

All the changes found in Windows 10 build 15007!

Games as a Service

What does the cancellation of Scalebound mean for future Xbox exclusives?

Windows Central Offers

Save $90 on these FRESHeBUDS Pro Magnetic Bluetooth Earbuds

Returning for 2017

We're back with an new episode of #AskDanWindows

Lifetime Subscription

VPNSecure is currently 91% off

Our favorite things

The Best of CES 2017 Awards

Infinity Edge in your hand

The XPS 13 2-in-1 is the Dell convertible we've always wanted

Project Valerie

Razer just made a laptop with three — THREE! — 17-inch 4K displays. 😱

Great design from Palo Alto

HP's CES 2017 releases are truly gorgeous PCs

Intel and Google's big day

CES 2017 Day Two: New laptops, new phones, and old ideas made new

Take five is better than ever

The updated Lenovo ThinkPad X1 packs Kaby Lake chips and zero bloatware

Everything we know about the next Xbox: Project Scorpio

UWPowered

'Game Mode' for Windows 10 will power Xbox One and Scorpio games too

Buyer's guide

Best accessories for Microsoft Surface Book

< >
Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. strikexx's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    14 Posts
       #1  
    Since the WP8 Excel app does not have even basic functionality (copy/paste cell contents, add rows/columns...) and there are no alternatives, I tried to use the SkyDrive Excel Web App today.
    However, when I want to edit a cell, the keyboard of IE doesn't pop up...


    Screenshot: https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resi...ByOiX5HJpAgykc

    Does any of you have the same problem? Or how should I edit my Excel files properly...?



    I'm using a L920 without Portico.
  2. WindowsPhone8User's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    75 Posts
    Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    #2  
    How did you even get to the webapp? If I open an excel doc from IE, it redirects me to the excel app on WP8. I have portico on an 8X.
  3. #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by strikexx View Post
    Since the WP8 Excel app does not have even basic functionality (copy/paste cell contents, add rows/columns...) and there are no alternatives, I tried to use the SkyDrive Excel Web App today.
    However, when I want to edit a cell, the keyboard of IE doesn't pop up...


    Screenshot: https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resi...ByOiX5HJpAgykc

    Does any of you have the same problem? Or how should I edit my Excel files properly...?



    I'm using a L920 without Portico.
    Tap on the cell you want to edit. Next to fx there is a box, where that cell's content will be displayed. TAP on that box. The keyboard will pop up!

    I can't believe you haven't tried that.

    I update my excel workbooks every time after work while travelling back home!

    It is made like this so that we don't mess up our cells by accidentally tapping them.
    strikexx likes this.
  4. strikexx's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    14 Posts
       #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by rockstarzzz View Post
    Tap on the cell you want to edit. Next to fx there is a box, where that cell's content will be displayed. TAP on that box. The keyboard will pop up!

    I can't believe you haven't tried that.

    I update my excel workbooks every time after work while travelling back home!

    It is made like this so that we don't mess up our cells by accidentally tapping them.
    Are you talking about the Web app now? I'll try that out. I can edit them in the WP8 app but this app is too limited for other purposes like I described.

    @WindowsPhone8User: set IE to be in desktop mode and then go to skydrive.com and open a document.
  5. strikexx's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    14 Posts
       #5  
    Thank you! Clicking the formula pops up a keyboard. However, when I tap in a cell and click 'Edit', no keyboard pops up and nothing happens.

    But I'm good to go now. Thanks a lot!
  6. locoworks's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    44 Posts
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    #6  
    if you are trying to edit an imported spreadsheet i think you have to make sure the imported doc wasn't saved as read only before you imported it onto the phone. i have a read only doc which i can't edit, and another one i can. there is a bar that drops from the top of the screen with the time on the right. when you open an excel document and it displays opening, followed by cant edit workbook, then it goes back to just showing the time on the right.
  7. palaudawg's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    40 Posts
    #7  
    The Excel spreadsheet has to be in Office "2010" format to be edited. I hope this helps.
  8. solidsnakejv's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    23 Posts
    #8  
    I was going crazy today because all of a sudden I couldn't edit a workbook that I've been able to edit on the office wp8. It took me a while to discover that if you edit a workbook on the SkyDrive web excel and save it, then it won't let you edit it on the phone. This wasn't the case a couple of weeks ago, I have no idea why.
  9. Fuzzy John's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    242 Posts
    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by solidsnakejv View Post
    I was going crazy today because all of a sudden I couldn't edit a workbook that I've been able to edit on the office wp8. It took me a while to discover that if you edit a workbook on the SkyDrive web excel and save it, then it won't let you edit it on the phone. This wasn't the case a couple of weeks ago, I have no idea why.
    I just came across this too. Apparently now the Excel Web App saves in the Office 2013 format. Windows Phone 8 cannot edit the Office 2010 format.
    This sucks. Come on Microsoft... before you complain that Google breaks connectivity with Windows Phone 8 make your stuff work properly.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-02-2013, 02:25 PM
  2. Any way to see what's been using battery?
    By cdub66 in forum Windows Phone 7
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 05-14-2011, 08:49 PM

Posting Permissions