Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

Hello,

I am using Outlook as my mail service but I change the outgoing mail address from [myname]@outlook.com to [myname]@[mycustomhost].com (of course I've set up that email address from my hostings control panel beforehand). This is a feature of Outlook web client and also some of the email clients like Symbian's. My question is, if it is possible in Windows Phone 8 mail client to change outgoing mail address, as well?
    Editor

Global Posts
    473 Global Posts
    nope... only option is to create a second email account using the different signature...

would be nice to be able to change the "from" address like you do with desktop clients though.
    George Ponder
    Reviews Editor - Windows Phone Central
    Email: george.ponder@wpcentral.com
    Twitter: @coppertop004

Yes, actually what I want is to change the "from address".

Sad to hear it is not possible.

It is possible with certain limitations. You can set the "send from" address as one of your aliases on outlook.com; so any mail you send will now appear to come from that address. The limitation is that you cannot choose or switch between aliases on the go like you can on outlook.com

See this thread for more details on where to find the setting: Outlook.com alias options updated
    Thanked by: