Q - Windows Phone 8 - Initial Setup Do's & Don'ts

AZBrowncoat

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I'm on my third Nokia Lumia 920 and I'm wondering if there is anything I should do before setting up and using the replacement handset for the first time?

I lost photos stored on Skydrive when AT&T replaced my first phone, and I'm trying to avoid any 'oh crap' moments this time, so I logged onto Skydrive and downloaded all the photos just in case.

I've also heard that Android phones can benefit from a reset before first use...is there any benefit to performing a soft/hard reset before setting up a Windows phone?

Are there any other procedures or tasks are recommended before using a Windows Phone for the first time?

I was switching over from iOS and previously I've just pretty much used any Apple device out of the box (follow setup, connect to iTunes).

pjs37

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
Windows phone should be similar to iOS. I haven't seen any real evidence a reset helps but it cannot hurt.

pjs37

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
It takes a bit getting used to but I got over my addiction to iOS as a phone anyways for the most part. Windows phone does have some odd quirks but if you want any help thats what we are all here for!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon