Lack of Cool Password Options in WP8

ballanda

Jul 13, 2012
Visit site
Windows 8 has photo password. Windows Phone 8 doesn't even have a pattern password, nevermind a photo password feature. That's dumb. A gesture based password makes way more sense on a phone than on a tablet. MS got it backwards.

I wouldn't have a password if it wasn't for my IS department making me have one. For a beautiful OS, the PIN entry screen is very ugly. needs work. Hopefully this makes the cut for Windows Phone 11 in 2022. I know, WAH!!! :crying::crying::crying::crying:

Last edited:

aubreyq

Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
I thought WP8 would be bringing that, too. Maybe they will, in the future. Just like everything with Microsoft.

EDIT: I don't mind entering a PIN since I do it pretty quickly. Doing a multi-point gesture might take longer for me.

RuleOfSines

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
I would like to at least have the option to disable the auto unlock on correct password. Having variable length passwords is somewhat undermined by the fact the OS will give away how long the password is instantly.

kittshelby

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site
I seriously thought WP8 would get the Picture password as well. But wow, BB10 looks amazing. I really like the ability to switch from personal to business/work mode, that's way cool and usefull. How on earth can WP not have this when it's supposedly being marketed for business???

I just bought my 920 a few months ago and I plan to keep it for up to 2 years (hopefully). But when I get a new phone, I think I will seriously consider BB (by then there should be BB11 or so) and WP should be at WP9. WP better bring some cooler stuff in 8.5. Also, I'm looking forward to the Surface phone as well.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon