Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

Today i was trying to figure out where my texts were "auto-backup"-ing to and read that it was to outlook or my "outlook.com" account. When i go into the office app and try to sync my "outlook account (office.com, hotmail, outlook) it error's and says "Account already exists: There's already an account on this phone using -insert email@gmail.com-, called Google. Well my outlook.com and microsoft account are all using my gmail account email and i don't understand why it's not working? And if it's because i can't use the same one on the phone, why is that? i can't have my outlook.com and gmail account synced at the same time because they are the same username? if someone could help me it would be greatly appreciated!

EDIT: i just took off my gmail account to see if that helped and messed with my POP settings in gmail to forward messages to my "microsoft@gmail.com" microsoft account. I'm not getting server error's about "domain name" etc., and i have no clue what it's talking about. I'm just going to switch back to just my gmail account until someone is able to assist me. thanks!
    Last edited by Luke Henning; 02-08-2013 at 11:21 PM.

Texts are backed up to an invisible place on your skydrive and are restored when you restore from a backup

Global Posts
    2,438 Global Posts
    There were reports that outllok.com was having issues with contact sync on wp7.8 maybe theres some similar issue with some outlook.com and wp8. I still uise my msn.com address.
    Your smartphone is only as smart as YOU let it be!