Time automatically updating...

Matt_Curthoys

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
Just a quick one, I have traded in my Lumia 820 for an ATIV S as I went through 2 820's in almost as many weeks with issues (a broken loudspeaker and the random rebooting) and I'm happy so far apart from something which I think might be a Win 8 bug.

With the time and date update, on both IOS and Android, when you click the equivalent of 'automatic update' in both it will correct the phone time to whatever the network time is. This is not the case in Win 8, and I believe last night that the phone changed the time (making it incorrect!) in the middle of the night, as the time was incorrect in the morning!

IS this correct, has anyone else noted this - it seems to be the same on an HTC and the Samsung, not sure about the Nokia (I could swear it did update, but I am not sure)...

Worrying as I am not sure that I can trust it to keep time and therefore use the alarm!

BeaverJuicer

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Mine automatically updates to network time, without my having ever touched anything to tell it to do so.

Did you change any settings? Make sure your time zone is correct... Otherwise, it could be a network time issue.

selfxd

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
I have the same problem on the Samsung ativ. It jumps the time ahead an hour, it seems to be random times when it happens and mostly in the am. I have left for work a few times an hour early because of this.
I at first had my location setup for the us so i could get Bing scout. Thinking that was the problem but it is not.
I'm on TELUS btw

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon