Upgrade from hotmail (I think) to outlook.com causing issues with contacts

msweig

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
I set up a live.com account when I got my Lumia 920 in November. Then, during the setup/playing with the new phone I decided that it was finally time to consolidate my contacts into one location, so I did it on the live.com site. I never really use the live.com email I initially set up during the phone setup, and I went into the account recently and saw an email saying to upgrade to outlook.com, which I did (without doing research into potential problems with this. Oops. And my assumption is that before this account would have been considered a hotmail account). So I went to update a contact today on my phone and realized that now every contact has two sources (hotmail and live). My goal was to knock everything into one list, and now I'm back to two.

I've gone and synced both accounts (because now 2 show up) under the email and account settings. I've also gone into the settings for contacts, selected "filter my contact list", and only selected live (leaving hotmail blank). Yet all of my contacts are showing two different locations. I can choose to delete the live account from the setting menu, but not the "microsoft account" (which I'm assuming is the hotmail account, and the one I used to set up the phone). Any idea how to fix this issue? My guess is if I did a hard reset that would solve the problem, but I really don't want to go through that hassle (though it would probably help my "other" folder, but that's a different issue). Any other ideas?

And if I do a hard reset, are there other potential problems I need to be aware of?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3