Google sync no longer works? ERROR 8004888 m.google.com

KorJax

Feb 17, 2013
Visit site
Suddenly started having this isssue today. My google account no longer syncs!

No clue why. The title says it all, that there is "a problem with the certificate" at m.google.com with the error 8004888

None of my calendars, contacts, emails, etc are syncing with my phone. The phone gives NO solutions at all, just says "contact a support person" (lmao wtf are they serious?)

Would love to find a way to fix this.... that doesn't involve me wiping my phone.

kwambe5

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I had this problem the other day with a different error code (8000FFFF). It would not sync for a few days. I finally deleted the account, reinstalled it, and now it has been working fine so far. Knock on wood!!

xWisp

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
google + microsoft are kind of not a thing right now at all. If you plan on using wp8 a lot I would advise either forwarding your gmail to a hotmail/outlook/live account and using that at present. Not the best solution but one of the unfortunate downsides of wp8 at the moment is not expecting any kind of good experience with google services. Personally I don't miss it at all. But not everyone is as lucky as me I guess

KorJax

Feb 17, 2013
Visit site
Simply not an option for me. I use Gmail as my main email and its integrated into my tablet I use.

Unfortunatly, apparently when I deleted my google account on my WP it completely ****ing erased ALL PHONE NUMBERS on my contacts, so now all I have are Facebook people on my contacts page. What the **** ms?!? I never ever stored any numbers on my google account, but now all of my phone numbers are wiped.... I'm basically ****ed because I have some important numbers there that I can never get back now. ****ing awesome.

lipper2000

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
Simply not an option for me. I use Gmail as my main email and its integrated into my tablet I use.

Unfortunatly, apparently when I deleted my google account on my WP it completely ****ing erased ALL PHONE NUMBERS on my contacts, so now all I have are Facebook people on my contacts page. What the **** ms?!? I never ever stored any numbers on my google account, but now all of my phone numbers are wiped.... I'm basically ****ed because I have some important numbers there that I can never get back now. ****ing awesome.

I used to have gmail as my main account for years and also thought it wasn't an option...one day I just got sick of the antics and lack of updates for gmail on things I would like improved (main thing is interface which is terrible) and switched to live (outlook.com)....never looked back.
Yes, I still have my gmail account but I have switched mostly everything over to live....just keep both going on your phone and eventually you'll see that you can easily get rid of gmail

Tim Crump

Oct 26, 2013
Visit site
I was having this problem with both Hotmail and Google accounts.
No exchange servers involved
For me it turned out that it was because data was turned off and wifi was not connecting.
I was in a BT hotspot area and needed to sign in (using their app) then the email would sync OK
Guess if I had instead turned off wifi and turned on data that would also have fixed it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3