- 03-15-2013, 11:11 AM #1
Bought a WP8 Phone just yesterday for my mom - she loves it :)
However, she is syncing contacts to her gmail account. The problem is that Gmail stores a low resolution contact picture which carries over to an ugly pixelated contact picture on the WP8.
When I try to update the picture within the phone, the newly updated picture persists for a few minutes and then Google overrides it with the pixelated image.
Anything that can be done about this?
Thanks (the WP8 phone I bought here was a Samsung Odyssey btw :))
I found this:
Tip: Get high res photos for contacts on your WP7 device | Windows Phone Central
But I can't find option 3 in Google.
03-15-2013, 01:15 PM #2
- 747 Posts
Usually, WP tends to choose from everything but the Outlook picture you've added if there is a picture from i.e facebook, twitter, linkedin, or google.
Selecting the contact, edit, tap on the picture and it'll ask you to choose, choose Outlook. That will override all other pictures even if the other services updated their profile pictures
- By pamelazzzzz in forum Windows Phone 8Replies: 4Last Post: 12-29-2012, 03:37 PM
- By hnv43730 in forum Nokia Lumia 822Replies: 9Last Post: 12-14-2012, 08:22 AM
- By Wac954 in forum Nokia Lumia 920Replies: 1Last Post: 11-20-2012, 11:19 AM
- By Wac954 in forum Windows Phone 8Replies: 0Last Post: 11-09-2012, 06:22 PM
- By TheWeeBear in forum OneDriveReplies: 0Last Post: 02-03-2012, 01:35 PM