Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By o0Nighthawk0o
  1.    #1  
    Ran across this neat little problem (Bug?) today. All day today everyone in our org has been getting a certificate alert in outlook when checking email from our exchange server. Apparently our certificate expired today so until our corp IT department gets it renewed we are just clicking "Yes" to go on.

This reared its ugly head on my WP8. When trying to sync, the phone would show the error 80048889 and something about the date and time needing to be reset on the phone. So, after some digging I found that the only way to clear this is to remove the account and set it up again. This finally forces the phone to display the certificate error/info and asks if you want to continue.

This is fairly easy to fix but I don't understand why the phone would display a date/time error instead of displaying the certificate and giving the option to continue or not without having to remove the account and setting it up again.

Just an FYI post if anyone else runs into this.
    Thanked by:
    crash1989 likes this.
    Developer

Global Posts
    1,498 Global Posts
    Thanks for the info.

I've had this issue twice now on my 620. Worst part is its only on the main (hotmail) account which you can't remove with out resetting the phone as far as I'm aware.

Thanks,

Had exactly the same issue and was going to delete/add email account, your information confirmed my suspicion.