Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Hello,I'm new here :D

been using the lumia 920
    i got this error on my microsoft account :86000C09
    it had trouble connecting to the server blu.m.hotmail.com
    its really irritating since i cannot sync to get new email
    and i cannot delete it as it is a main microsoft account.
    anyone having the same problem like me ??
    Thanked by:

Microsoft is resolving this problem at the moment. Please be patient and you will be able to sync again

We are having the same problem on one of our phones that use ****@live.com account. However on another phone the ****@msn.com main account is working.

Strange.

I've been having the same problem all day! Still not fixed!

Me too thought it was because I downloaded foundbite did you guys happen to download foundbite today.

Global Posts
    1,768 Global Posts
    I'm getting the same thing and when i try to log into it via the web on my PC it doesn't work either. It's on Microsoft's end.

Its on Microsoft's end, save this address to your favorites, it keeps an up to date status of all of their services.

https://status.live.com/

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 521 using Tapatalk
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by tk-093 View Post
    I'm getting the same thing and when i try to log into it via the web on my PC it doesn't work either. It's on Microsoft's end.
    hmm weird,mine can log in using web,just not with my mobile.
    mine hotmail.com btw

My wife and I both have live.com accounts. Hers will not sync with her phone, but does sync from the browser. Mine is not having any problems. Checked the server names under settings and mine is bay-m.hotmail.com and hers is blu-m.hotmail.com. I tried to switch her server to bay-m but it kept trying to connect to blu-m. From what I read and what I'm seeing on our phones it seems to be a server error on Microsoft's side.

Yes i am having same Problem with my Nokia Lumia 520. I am continuously getting the same error code 86000C09 . I " Reset My Phone ' hoping to get the error resolved. Still the problem remains. Also now i am not getting my Contacts .Microsoft Team please HELP.

Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nilesh Gupta View Post
    Yes i am having same Problem with my Nokia Lumia 520. I am continuously getting the same error code 86000C09 . I " Reset My Phone ' hoping to get the error resolved. Still the problem remains. Also now i am not getting my Contacts .Microsoft Team please HELP.
    Having the same issue as you. I was switching phones and reset my phone to restore backup from the other phone. And now i cant get my mail and phone contacts to sync. Dont worry once the services are restored, they'll automatically sync back.

Same here!

Great news, it appears that it is possible for some phones are able to sync now. However, the problem hasn't been completely resolved, will take another 3 hours, according to Microsoft. Try to sync now, and see if it works for you too.

Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Epic Pie View Post
    Great news, it appears that it is possible for some phones are able to sync now. However, the problem hasn't been completely resolved, will take another 3 hours, according to Microsoft. Try to sync now, and see if it works for you too.
    Contacts are syncing, mail is not.

Bad news, Microsoft has extended another 6 hours for the update... This is quite taking forever.

My Nokia Lumia 900 doesn't have option to sync contact for Windows Live. Only option is for email. how do I get option to sync contacts?

Same problem here.
    Not My Lumia 720, my wife's 520, nor my Surface, or my Windows 8 pro PCs (using Windows mail App) are syncronizing to Hotmail.
    I find this totally unacceptable for an entity the size of Hotmail & Microsoft.
    Don't they have a "backup server" or something???

I hope they fix this soon
    Last edited by Ernesto_RD; 08-15-2013 at 10:45 PM.

Everything should be working fine now. The status is showing no errors.

Global Posts
    396 Global Posts
    I'm still having problems

Global Posts
    159 Global Posts
    Do any of you use the mult-factor authentication and therefore have app passwords? I generated a new app password for my outlook mail on my wp8 and it seemed to sync just fine.

my live.ca account hasnt been able to sync for the last 4hours but my outlook.com account has had no issues, yet both in the setting run on the hotmail server

I still haven't been able to sync till now. I get an error code: 80072F30

Hi guys, new here as well.
    For some reason, my new Lumia 1020 wouldn't sync my microsoft account. It seems to think I am a child as well and need my parents to accept the terms and conditions in order to download apps. I tried to do this under "My Family" on windowsphone.com but none of the things that the instructions are telling me to do are actually on the page. Can someone help? I am completely new to WP, especially WP8. I'd REALLY like to download my main apps on my new phone. This has been very frustrating so far to say the least..

Quote Originally Posted by bdicemk6 View Post
    Hi guys, new here as well.
    For some reason, my new Lumia 1020 wouldn't sync my microsoft account. It seems to think I am a child as well and need my parents to accept the terms and conditions in order to download apps. I tried to do this under "My Family" on windowsphone.com but none of the things that the instructions are telling me to do are actually on the page. Can someone help? I am completely new to WP, especially WP8. I'd REALLY like to download my main apps on my new phone. This has been very frustrating so far to say the least..

Never mind, restored my phone to get it all sorted out! Now if only I didn't have to have OSX 10.8 or higher on my computer to download the music sync manager on my laptop...

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 1020 using Tapatalk
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast