No update notifications on L920

oraban

Dec 17, 2013
Visit site
Hi,
I'm a newbie of WP8 and I don't know why the Store tile never says "1" or more to mean there are apps to be upgraded. It doesn't even say "dowloads/updates" or something similar at the bottom of the screen when I open the Store app, but still there were updates from Facebook and UC Browser (saw the news on this site), for example, and I had to manually search for the these apps in the store and then press the "Update" button individually for every app in order to update them. How could that be? Is there a particular setting I could have mistaken that does that? Thank you guys

Davey123

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
There is clearly a bug that has to be fixed. This is affecting others as well. There is an app called "app-2-date" that is very good at showing all the relevant updates.

eurochick47

May 20, 2013
Visit site
I just had this problem myself just a few days ago (Lumia 920 Amber) so annoying... your phone is just not checking for updates. There's no reason why it shouldn't be, if you have your data/wifi on. No setting that you've overlooked either... it's just a glitch. It should be checking for updates once a day at a certain time (different for everyone). I tried SO many things that I'm not entirely sure what fixed it. But this was the last thing I did, off the top of my head:

I had my data/wifi turned off, but I don't know if that's relevant to the procedure...

1) Unpin tile
2) Clear browsing history in Internet Explorer
3) Go to settings - >Date + time
4) Switch to manual (turn off automatic)
5) Change the time to any day/month in 2011. Exit that screen
6) Go back to date+time. Is it still that day in 2011? (Mine would keep switching automatically back to the original date, even if I had it on manual mode)
7) Reset your phone (hold down power + volume)
8) Repin tile
9) Turn data/wifi back on
10) Hopefully install updates that have suddenly shown up

If your phone keeps changing the date back to 2013, try running it in airplane mode and then changing the time.

Other thread that may help you (they certainly helped me!):
Help! I'm not getting notified about app updates!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3