Buying Apps

hs k

Sep 22, 2013
Visit site
Hi guys,

I'm from India. And I don't have a credit card. Bing Rewards do n't work here. Microsoft Gift Cards? I don't even think they work. So, how the hell am I supposed to buy Apps?
Can anyone give me an idea? Or does anyone know a workaround?

JaiMento

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
Windows Store gift cards should be available in India, according to Microsoft. Can't tell you where to purchase them, though.

hs k

Sep 22, 2013
Visit site
Nope, it still needs a credit card backup. And it is kinda frustrating that the US store allows debit card payment while the Indian doesn't.

Loco5150

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
Im using a debit card also (visa electron) with my Paypal in Europe. Have you tried to enter the debit card to an Paypal account? I rwmeber that earlier the card needed to be "opened" in the bank for internet use. I dont think that needs to be done anymore here.

ag1986

Banned
Jan 14, 2013
Visit site
Recently, RBI mandated that all debit and credit cards must be chip n PIN, with secondary authentication. Many US websites like Orbitz are not set up for such a system. Perhaps you could have a friend who has a credit card buy you an MS store gift card from Amazon: Amazon.com: ms store gift cards

hs k

Sep 22, 2013
Visit site
Recently, RBI mandated that all debit and credit cards must be chip n PIN, with secondary authentication. Many US websites like Orbitz are not set up for such a system. Perhaps you could have a friend who has a credit card buy you an MS store gift card from Amazon: Amazon.com: ms store gift cards

I thought so, but unfortunately none of the people I know uses a credit card. Sigh. Well, there goes my dream of playing Halo:Spartan Assault.

yellowspark007

Dec 23, 2013
Visit site
Same here from India.... But here's a method... Use entropay.com to create a virtual card... Entropay takes SBI, ICICI, PNB and most debit cards with ease.... But for ₹300 you pay ₹315.... You have to give 5% as service tax to them for the amount of money you put to the e-wallet.... I am doing the same thing and 15 ₹ are not a big deal for those games like asphalt 8, halo, moliplayer

Jan 3, 2014
Visit site
I used entropy and I bought ProShot after that I tried to buy another app but I hadn't credit and it started download I stopped download but it is on Purchase history and I can reinstall it.What should I do?

hs k

Sep 22, 2013
Visit site
Same here from India.... But here's a method... Use entropay.com to create a virtual card... Entropay takes SBI, ICICI, PNB and most debit cards with ease.... But for ₹300 you pay ₹315.... You have to give 5% as service tax to them for the amount of money you put to the e-wallet.... I am doing the same thing and 15 ₹ are not a big deal for those games like asphalt 8, halo, moliplayer

I tried to add my SBI Maestro Card, but it asks for CVV, my debit card doesn't have one, so how do I proceed?

Loco5150

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
What, CVV is that 3 number digit on the backside. I have it printed on the edge of the white place where signature goes. You should have it somewhere...

hs k

Sep 22, 2013
Visit site
What, CVV is that 3 number digit on the backside. I have it printed on the edge of the white place where signature goes. You should have it somewhere...

While I do agree with you on that, most banks in India used to issue Maestro debit cards, and also failed to recognize that these cards could be used as a potential Credit cards. Nowadays only Mastercards are being accepted everywhere and hence Maestro Cards are being phased out (we don't even have a goddamn expiry date!).

Funny thing is Maestro is Master in Italian!

As for Entropay, they have replaced the recognition system, now my SBI Maestro card is not getting recognized by the card recognition system they have now.

yellowspark007

Dec 23, 2013
Visit site
While I do agree with you on that, most banks in India used to issue Maestro debit cards, and also failed to recognize that these cards could be used as a potential Credit cards. Nowadays only Mastercards are being accepted everywhere and hence Maestro Cards are being phased out (we don't even have a goddamn expiry date!).

Funny thing is Maestro is Master in Italian!

As for Entropay, they have replaced the recognition system, now my SBI Maestro card is not getting recognized by the card recognition system they have now.
i don't know about maestro cards but debit cards verified by visa works with ease....

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wizzard