Action required for two-step verification on your Windows Phone - Can't update password on phone

Zero Serenity

Jan 16, 2014
Visit site
So I keep getting these emails (in four places) and texts about changing my password on my phone to an app password because of two two-step, so I created an app password for my phone. However, I cannot seem to find where to update my MS account password on my phone. Email+Accounts doesn't give an option since it's restricted to sync (there's no delete command) and inside there it has no password change option.

Am I missing something here? Windows Phone 8.1, Developer's Preview, Lumia 1520.

El Squish

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
I'm having the exact same problem. I was in a chat with microsoft yesterday and after being talked in circles for a while, my browser suddenly froze and lost connection. They were having a hard time understanding why I'm getting these notifications when everything seemed to be working fine. At some point, when I have the time, I'll get back on there again unless someone posts an answer here which would be fantastic! I'm really sick of these texts and emails every day. Especially when my phone seems to be working just fine.

Zero Serenity

Jan 16, 2014
Visit site
The answer I got from Microsoft is change your MS account password then it will cause the phone to prompt for a new one. Not really a solution here...

moverton

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
Now, when you say your MS account is restricted to sync, do you mean it is grayed out? If so, I had that problem and had to go to SETTINGS > APPLICATIONS > MESSAGING and disable the text backup to make it selectable again.

El Squish

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
So after talking to Microsoft I did need to create a new password. When I was in the process of doing that I noticed there was a check box next to the new password that was labeled, Create a new password in 72 days. I don't remember seeing this in the past and I have a suspicion that when this option was added to the website some of our accounts defaulted to having that option turned on. Anyway, hopefully I won't be receiving these annoying texts and emails anymore... :/

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss