I absolutely....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Todd Conaway

Feb 13, 2015
Visit site
HATE this phone. I have an HTC Black WP8, and at first, I really loved it. Then I discovered the lack of apps available on it. Which was disappointing, but I could get past it. Then I had an issue of it constantly telling me my sim card was missing. There is no sim card, but that problem seemed to fix itself. Constantly have had the issue of text messages randomly saying "can't send" which requires a complete restart of my phone so that I can send text messages. And now, im getting more and more apps not updating, or loading properly, or just not doing anything at all, which requires me to uninstall and reinstall them to get them to work. GRRRR. Like I said, I can get past the lack of apps, but when the apps that are out there don't work properly, that's when it bothers me. Oh, and the missing app features doesn't help either. I really wanted to like this phone, especially going from an iphone to a windows phone, but no, the windows phone is a huge step back from an iphone. Don't get me wrong, I prefer windows/Microsoft, I'm really not fond of anything apple, but apple's product works, windows product does not. I don't know if WP8.1 has fixed any of these issues or has made using this phone any better, but I hope it has. I don't believe I will ever see the update to 8.1 come down the pike for my phone, or atleast before I kick it to the curb in a month. There's a reason why a lot of developers have dropped making anything for the windows phone, and the reason is probably that it's a crappy phone. In my opinion, the windows phone is the dumbest smartphone on the market. I wish I felt differently, but in one more month, my contract with Verizon will be done, and I will be kicking both to the curb for ATT and an Android phone. I sure hope that anyone who reads this has had a better and satisfying experience with WP, but I'm sorry to say I have not. Sorry for the rant.

theolympusguy

Jan 29, 2015
Visit site
I have had 3 windows 8 Phones, 920, icon and now the 1520 and I have never had any of those issues. Have you tried doing a hard reset on the phone?

Wasim Wes Adetunji

Dec 23, 2014
Visit site
Understand your points but I'm confused why your phone has no SIM card. It'll definitely give you an error over that!

Some of those things I haven't hears of from virtually anyone so I assume you need to get that looked at or manufacturer-repaired. Do call HTC or your carrier about that.

They're improving a lot of the basic features, as tech preview for W10 shows. Once a respectable number of ppl are running these apps on Xbox AND windows PC AND windows phone, which I think means about a year, I honestly think developers are about to come around on this.

dKp1977

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Pointless rant, really. First off, you can't blame "Windows" products - which would be Microsoft rather anyways - when it's really a product manufactured by HTC. Secondly, HTC is also to blame that you still don't have an update. They dropped the support for whatever reason. Never seen it happen for any Lumia or any Samsung device. Or at least I don't remember.
Nevertheless, those things you're complaining about are most likely hardware related, You could try and perform a soft- or a hardreset, but I doubt that's gonna help.

Todd Conaway

Feb 13, 2015
Visit site
Well maybe the biggest problem is I bought an HTC instead of a Lumia. I have heard other people who have had a lot of good things to say about the Lumia. However, I do still think that WP is still way behind in the race and is going to take a lot to catch up, that I do blame on Microsoft. And you cant blame other companies dropping them from developing their mobile systems when they're trailing the market by such a large margin.

HTC is has been no help in resolving any of these issues. All I get told is that an update will be issued to fix these "known bugs". Verizon says to wait for the update.

Like I said, maybe its just the brand of the phone that's causing most of the problems that I'm having, but it still doesn't change that WP is way behind. Maybe after a couple more iterations of the WP I will decide to revisit it, as I do like the idea behind it. As of right now, I cant get rid of it soon enough.

Pointless rant? maybe to you and to everyone else that reads this, to me, I made all the points I wanted to.

Todd Conaway

Feb 13, 2015
Visit site
Yes. 2 of them. One for my wife and for myself. Hers didn't have the SIM card issue like mine did, which is obviously a problem with the phone itself. However all the other issues were exactly the same on both phones.

aximtreo

Jul 14, 2008
Visit site
I did not see if you had done a soft or hard reset. I would first do these to see if the problems go away. If not, see next sentence.

It may be that most of your problems stem from a bad SIM card. I would go to Verizon and have them change out the SIM card and see it that improves the situation.

If it doesn't, then ask Verizon to switch out the phone.

StevoPhilo

Oct 7, 2013
Visit site
Do you feel better now? Now that your pointless rant is over; everything you mentioned is pretty much a hardware issue. So what problem do you have with Windows Phone again? The apps is the only thing you mentioned.

I never had good luck with HTC when I was with Android a few years back. How about trying a Lumia?

Todd Conaway

Feb 13, 2015
Visit site
Do you feel better now? Now that your pointless rant is over; everything you mentioned is pretty much a hardware issue. So what problem do you have with Windows Phone again? The apps is the only thing you mentioned.

I never had good luck with HTC when I was with Android a few years back. How about trying a Lumia?

Yes I do. Thank you for asking. As for the rest of your post please read above.

Todd Conaway

Feb 13, 2015
Visit site
I did not see if you had done a soft or hard reset. I would first do these to see if the problems go away. If not, see next sentence.

It may be that most of your problems stem from a bad SIM card. I would go to Verizon and have them change out the SIM card and see it that improves the situation.

If it doesn't, then ask Verizon to switch out the phone.

I've tried both, several times, and seems to fix a lot of the problems for a couple weeks, then it reverts back to the same ol same ol. I've tried to get Versizon to swap out my phone for a Lumia, but to do so, they would renew my contract, which I do not want to do. I really thought that when they rolled out 8.1, it would have fixed some of the problems I have, but no update as of yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb