Nokia Purity WH-920 In-Ear Headphones (Cyan) Unboxing/Mini-review

thepickupbear

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site
Alright, I know I'm a tad bit obsessed with this whole Nokia Lumia phenomenon.....I have the 900 pre-ordered in Cyan at the Microsoft Store already, and since they weren't sure if they were going to have the accessories available on the first day............I went ahead and ordered the Nokia Purity in-ear headphones from Amazon.co.uk (the last pair!) to make sure I'd have them when the 900 released in the states.

So now I have my headphones about a month early (or less hopefully!) but I don't mind, they sound great so far! I don't want to give a full review until they have all their functionality enabled (in-line controls will only work on a Nokia Windows Phone, though I can use the in-line mic for calls on my iPhone), but so far so good for sure. The color is absolutely stunning! From what I've seen, they're an exact match to the 800 - which should mean they match the 900 as well.

I apologize for the image quality, they were taken with my iPhone 4 in only okay lighting. The first image you can see the full box. The 2nd shows the inner box being pulled out, and then the third photo is the opening of the inner box. The headphones come with a zip case, and (not shown) 4 alternate sizes of ear bud cap and (not shown) a 3.5" mm adapter cable for older devices that do not work with 3-pole headphones.

The box is very sturdy, and held up to international shipment perfectly. So far I would recommend these to any Lumia fan just as a good headphone - but I'll give my full review once I have them paired with my new phone! I know it seems a bit excessive to have gotten them so far in advance, but half the reason I want my Lumia is to look good with the cyan accessories! :blush:

red grenadine

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
Nice

How sturdy do the headphones feel? Like are you worried about any of the connectors coming loose from the earbuds, etc.

Hopefully I'll be able to purchase these with a cyan Lumia 900 at day of release

thepickupbear

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site
I haven't been concerned about the build quality of these at all yet. The rubber for the cords is a heavier-duty than most, which i think is needed to do the flat cord/tangle-free type cord. The caps stay on the end of the ear-buds very securely, and have not yet come off on their own.

The sound quality just keeps getting better, the hardware is great - my only complaint so far is that the rubber is a very grippy material - my big bushy beard keeps pulling my earphones out! Time for a trim I guess :blush:

chadwick611

May 24, 2011
Visit site
smart move getting them from amazon uk I would have never thought of that! those are the same that I think I am getting just dont know what color my contract is not up for many months so I am holding off for a while

Adiliyo

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
i got the lumia IEM in cyan the other day, so far i've been pretty happy with them.

i was using a pair of ultimate ears (700 i think) but got annoyed with not having volume/track controls and a mic for phone calls.

they sounded great on my focus s and sound great on my galaxy nexus, i can't imagine they wouldn't sound great on my lumia 900, but i'll see when it's in my hands.

they aren't for someone looking for a very accurate reproduction of sound, rather they're tuned to be a bit warmer and a little more bass heavy, but i still think they sound quite good for a $100 pair of IEMs.

construction seems solid so far, and i LOVE the flat cable as it really has not tangled since i've got them.

also, i got mine from expansys, it was maybe $10 more than amazon uk for me, but i think they took less time shipping than amazon would have.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3