Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

3 Posts
    I like creating timelapses (even have an app for that ;)
    Today I finally received my iStabilizer tripod adapter from Amazon so that I could plug my Lumia on a DSLR tripod for easier recording (no more cups and other improvised tripods).

Problem is that it's a bit too small. I have to extend it to it's fullest and them jam my lumia in there. It keeps it pretty snugged but dang - if only it would extend few mm more, I'd hate to scratch it by accident.

So I have 2 questions:
    - Anyone had any luck adapting this particular tripod adapter for 920?
    - Are there alternatives worth looking at? (I have cheap windshield mount and it's just crap.. dont mind paying few bucks more for higher quality).

Thank you.

3 Posts
    Got a word from their CS - iStabilizer XL will be coming in next couple weeks and it will support Lumia 920 & other bigger phones.

260 Posts
    Thanks for posting about this as I am interesting in doing something similar.

102 Posts
    Global Posts
    187 Global Posts
    i bought the Case Star branded version from Amazon, it sells for only $8 shipped with Prime. i believe it's the same as the iStabilizer and it too is a rather tight fit.

WARNING though, my mount's tripod screw piece dislodged itself from the mount. glad it only happened while mounting the unit to a tripod and not while i was doing anything extreme as i might have damaged my phone. the little piece simply pushed right back in but i'm going to need to super glue it back for a secure fit.