Tripod mount/adapter for lumias?

ak_r7

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Hi Friends,
I am looking for a Tripod mount/adapter using which i can attach my phone to the regular tripods.
( I don't need a smartphone tripod- just the adapter which can be attached to regular DSLR tripods)

Any suggestions ???

daimv

May 21, 2015
Visit site
There are lots of cheap and not so cheap ones on Amazon and ebay, even some of the selfie sticks you might find in walmart or best buy include one. If you want something with better build quality you might have to spend 15-20 usd but cheap ones are like 3 USD lol. I don't think I've seen a specific one for lumias but most are generic.

anon(5326758)

May 5, 2011
Visit site
I use the Shoulderpod S1, which is about $35 in the US. It is simple, well balanced and comes with a useful hand grip.
Coincidentally All About Windows Phone just posted a review of a Kickstarter for a new grip and triple-tripod mount called Glif. It also comes with a hand grip.

Link to AAWP article

Michael

JRDEMASKUS

Nov 8, 2013
Visit site
Very Nice. It would actually hold a 1520 in a case. That is ultra-rare.
I built my own "universal" holder using "Trex" type material and carriage screws, with springs for an adjustable grip. Fits a 7" tablet, down to a 4" phone. With a hardware change, it would fit larger tablets.
I built it for the car, but it also has a standard tripod connection. (1/4 x 20 if I remember correctly)
I wasn't happy with the flimsy offerings, or the cost of more heavy duty holders.
My intention was to make and sell these holders, but patent issues have me at a roadblock.

JRDEMASKUS

Nov 8, 2013
Visit site
3.1" max width adjustment makes it a tight squeeze for a naked 950 XL and the 1520 is not ever going to fit.
It looks like the RetiCAM holder could be expanded further with a longer screw. But not having one to look at, I can't be sure.

Personally, I would prefer a 3 side grip that could be used for multiple applications. Specifically, the car.
It is my belief, that a universal mounting point should be available in all of our cars.1/4 x 20 seems to be the most widely used.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jawkinshere