Review:Xsource QI receiver and EC tech charging plate

cw1988

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site
Hi everyone,

I saw these on amazon a while ago and posted on various forums asking if people had used them and the majority of the response was a No so I decided to try it out anyway. Was only ?20 so could always return if it didn't work

So basically, the Xsource Receiver is a film, that plugs into the USB on your phone, folds round the back so that it can be hidden with a phone case etc and then coupled with the charging plate, or any QI standard plate, will enable wireless charging on your phone that didn't already have it.

SO to the pictures:
fbg7kl.jpg

24mxg5w.jpg

How it looks in the USB port without a case/cover on. (I originally tried to put it behind the phone backing instead of the cover but the backing wouldn't go back on)
33y03uf.jpg

this photo shows it behind my phone cover - doesn't stick out too much at all and doesn't force the cover to bend etc.
2vwsneh.jpg

Now the question is? Does it work!? The answer is YES

357m6v4.jpg

As soon as I put the phone on the charging plate the screen lit up to tell me it was charging :) I have my glance screen set to always be on whilst charging also.
I checked the range and I was able to put my phone in any position, including hanging off, the charging plate and it still worked fine.

In terms of the charging plate, it has a green LED to signify power, and flashes green/blue when its charging which is cool.

So far so good, my phone is charging at my desk at the moment just to see how quickly it will go to 100% compared to a cable. :)

cw1988

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site
Now that I have been using it for a few days I can confirm it is completely fine.

In terms of the time it takes to charge, its on par with cable from what I can see and also in terms of holding its charge its actually better!!

I have a feeling that the little plate that goes in the USB port holds some charge as on a normal day at work, data is on, sending texts etc by the end of my shift I will have around 70% battery.

Today I left work with 94% battery and I have been using it the exact same way.

Really happy with this so far

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes