Can't sign in, official Twitter app

psychotron

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
OK, did a quick search of the forum and didn't find anyone with a similar problem, but anyway. I first tried to install the official Twitter app about a week ago and could not get it to let me sign in. Every time I try I get the "username and password could not be verified" error. I know for a fact that the log in info is correct as I have verified and tried it dozens of times. I have uninstalled and reinstalled ad nauseum and even followed all the troubleshooting tips on Twitter's own help page for the WP app. Feel like I've tried just about everything, so any suggestions?

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
Have you tried revoking permissions for (Twitter for Windows Phone) on your desktop account ? (Settings / Applications) then retrying the phone app ?

Probably not that, but can't think of anything else to try.

psychotron

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
I'm not sure I'm following you. As in what do you mean by desktop account? Are you referring to when I log in to Twitter in my web browser?

Edit: Just went and looked at the application settings in Twitter. There is no listing for Twitter for Windows Phone (guessing that's because I was never able to log in with it), so that's a no go. Thanks for the suggestion though.

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
Yes i meant on a PC JBozz, the twitter website has settings for all mobile apps that tries to connect to your Twitter account.

Sorry, thought it may have had a trace of your failed app connection request.

duke1231

Sep 20, 2011
Visit site
I don't know if it's the same problem, but when I try to roll up twitter into my peoples tile, it says something about the server mot working.

wsmbm

Apr 6, 2012
Visit site
I had the same trouble - turned out my calendar was a day behind the real day. When I corrected it to the right date, the official Twitter app allowed me to login.

On the Nokia Lumia 710 there doesn't seem to be an option for auto date/time - it has to be manually set at start-up.

mistermonday

Jun 8, 2012
Visit site
I'm having this same problem but the calender is the correct date. Any solutions?

EDIT: The time was wrong! Talk about being picky, eh twitter?

Last edited:

cojhu

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
Hello
I have the login problem, nothing helped. Date is correct, tried revoking permissions, reinstall apps etc.. I can log in with the OS into twitter but not with the twitter app. Cant login to tumblr apps as well..
Any new ideas for solutions?

Ihavetheanswer

Jul 30, 2013
Visit site
Hi, I was having the exact same issue as OP. Turns out it's because I turned on the text-messaging safety feature from the official twitter website, meaning I had to follow these steps:

Go to Settings (from the corkscrew at the top right) on the Twitter website online, then go to Apps, and then make sure that your twitter application has access enabled (access isn't revoked) and then click on Generate above that to generate a temporary password which you can then log in to your twitter mobile app with.

And fyi I logged in with my email and the temporary password, just in case you thought the problem was an incorrect username or that you couldn't log in with your email.

Hope my instructions were somewhat clear and can help anyone still facing this issue. Good luck!

skdc14

Jul 6, 2014
Visit site
Hello everyone.
I am using Nokia Lumia 625 set for twitter but from today I cannot log in my account. It says client is not permitted to do this action. Cannot locate the error as I am using the same username and password. I have checked it in desktop where I can log in.
Need your help.
Thanks.

dntcnlgy

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
Twitter shut down the access to their UWP apps for Windows 10 Desktop and Mobile. Now, they have a new Twitter PWA, only available for the last version of Windows 10 Desktop and Mobile.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3